Your Life

Talk about anything here!
Yaoi Huntress Earth
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Your Life

Post by Yaoi Huntress Earth » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:55 pm

The new mattress I got is working wonders (the old one is over ten years old) and now I got to get a new pillow. Other than that, there's this fairly new guy at work that I had taken a liking to. Then I found out he was gay which blew my chances and another co-worker briefly made fun of me for it.
"Lying: It's the responsible thing to do."-Louie, Ducktales (2017)

DeanTheAdequate
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by DeanTheAdequate » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:50 pm

My father has me boiling...

My folks are in town for the week and today, since I had a precious day off, we took my mother down to the beach with us for most of the day. Dad has a setup at my grandfather's so he can work, so he had to do that today. He volunteered to take his lunch at our house to let the dog out and whatnot so we wouldn't have to hurry back. That was fine and good. We come back around dinner time, dad's all smiles, happy we had a good time, nothing out of place. He decides we'll all head out to dinner as a treat.

Well we get there and my son decides to hold up me getting out (I was in the far back) to ask me a silly question because he is five. Well that's not quick enough for my dad because he then pulls my son by the arm quickly out of the van and accidentally beans my son right in the head with the handle above the doorway. Nicholas reels away from him and states how scared he is clutching his head. I haul myself out quickly and the look on his face is one of sadness and disgust.

Does he say "I'm sorry, I didn't mean for that to happen"

No. He says "Well you never discipline him..." as if that will dance him away from the blame.

I poke my finger in his chest and tell him that discipline is MY responsibility, not his and he will not be that rough with my son ever again. My wife urges us to be dropped back home, we agree. I get a "Sorry" in passing from my dad on my way back to my seat, but seriously it's gonna take time and it's not ME he needs to be sorry to.

I dunno, sorry, had to vent.
The thoughtful Anime Outsider's writer with the golden voice.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

Post by Yaoi Huntress Earth » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:20 pm

DeanTheAdequate wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:50 pm
My father has me boiling...

My folks are in town for the week and today, since I had a precious day off, we took my mother down to the beach with us for most of the day. Dad has a setup at my grandfather's so he can work, so he had to do that today. He volunteered to take his lunch at our house to let the dog out and whatnot so we wouldn't have to hurry back. That was fine and good. We come back around dinner time, dad's all smiles, happy we had a good time, nothing out of place. He decides we'll all head out to dinner as a treat.

Well we get there and my son decides to hold up me getting out (I was in the far back) to ask me a silly question because he is five. Well that's not quick enough for my dad because he then pulls my son by the arm quickly out of the van and accidentally beans my son right in the head with the handle above the doorway. Nicholas reels away from him and states how scared he is clutching his head. I haul myself out quickly and the look on his face is one of sadness and disgust.

Does he say "I'm sorry, I didn't mean for that to happen"

No. He says "Well you never discipline him..." as if that will dance him away from the blame.

I poke my finger in his chest and tell him that discipline is MY responsibility, not his and he will not be that rough with my son ever again. My wife urges us to be dropped back home, we agree. I get a "Sorry" in passing from my dad on my way back to my seat, but seriously it's gonna take time and it's not ME he needs to be sorry to.

I dunno, sorry, had to vent.
That's very understandable. We all need to vent sometimes.

KingMan

Post by KingMan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:22 pm

Jeez, Dean. I hope your son is feeling better.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

Post by Yaoi Huntress Earth » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:09 pm

I ended up accidentally creating a new recipe that I call, Crunchy Baby Cheddar Biscuits. They turned out pretty good, but I want to get a second opinion by sharing them with my co-workers.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

Post by Yaoi Huntress Earth » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:39 pm

My co-workers like the biscuits. Other than that, I'm debating whether to get the Tech N9ne box set (it has four of his albums on it for $29.99) iTunes is selling or not. I'll see how much the Risky Boots add-on is for Shantae: 1/2 Hero will cost (it arrives tomorrow) before I make my decision.

KingMan

Post by KingMan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:04 pm

Yaoi Huntress Earth wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:39 pm
My co-workers like the biscuits. Other than that, I'm debating whether to get the Tech N9ne box set (it has four of his albums on it for $29.99) iTunes is selling or not. I'll see how much the Risky Boots add-on is for Shantae: 1/2 Hero will cost (it arrives tomorrow) before I make my decision.
Congrats on the biscuits. Maybe I can give the recipe a try.

As for me, I got the 3CD deluxe version of Prince's Purple Rain. I mainly got it for the extended version of "Computer Blue" (which annihilates the edited 4 minute version) and now I'm trying to make a playlist of the good songs.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

Post by Yaoi Huntress Earth » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:29 pm

KingMan wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:04 pm
Yaoi Huntress Earth wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:39 pm
Congrats on the biscuits. Maybe I can give the recipe a try.

As for me, I got the 3CD deluxe version of Prince's Purple Rain. I mainly got it for the extended version of "Computer Blue" (which annihilates the edited 4 minute version) and now I'm trying to make a playlist of the good songs.
I'll see if I can borrow the book that had the recipe though that will take a while. The good people at Onyx Path (the current owners of the World of Darkness series) have a things set up called, The Storyteller's Vault, where fans can make their own PDF entries for sale (so far, it's only Vampire: The Masquerade for now). I'm currently working on a PDF for my fanmade bloodline, Deava. (Yes, it's a play on the Toreador's counter-part in Vampire: The Requiem.) It will be the first PDF I ever made.

Mr. Boat

Post by Mr. Boat » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:14 pm

So here's a funny story: the company I work for (a petroleum industry distributor) is almost entirely right-leaning, at least at the main branch where I work. The lone notable exception is one of the service techs who is a massive SJW, communist, white-guilt liberal. Nobody likes him, and he's only made it worse for himself, like insisting that a vintage gas sign out on the front counter for Dixie Oil should be removed because it has a Confederate flag on it (this request was immediately and rather forcefully disregarded). So he took the week before last off, allegedly to go camping came into work this past week with a pretty big shiner on his eye, and when asked about it, he claimed to have fallen while running in the woods. However, one of my coworkers did a little investigating, and found out he was actually down in Charlottesville when all the shit was going down last week. Why was that? Why, to join the Antifa protest! The same coworker found a video on YouTube where, no shit, he's in the middle of one the fights that broke out, and he absolutely got his ass handed to him. At 1:35 of this video, you can see him (in the white shirt and black pants) fall down and get pounded on, which would much better explain why he came in with a black eye. The whole office and warehouse has been having a laugh at his expense for a couple days now, it's great.
ImageImage

Yaoi Huntress Earth

Post by Yaoi Huntress Earth » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:58 pm

I published my very first gaming book on the Storyteller's vault, Bloodlinebook: Deava. Wish me luck that people like it, because I'm so nervous about it.