The Ex-Left Thread: Disillusion, Anger, Cuckoldry

Talk about anything here!
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bonglorio
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The Ex-Left Thread: Disillusion, Anger, Cuckoldry

Post by Bonglorio » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:55 am

I still consider myself a pretty liberal guy, I'd even call myself center-left on a good day. But I don't have to tell you things are bad on the left. Everybody with a brainstem knows that shit. Years of bullshit, smarmy elitism, and special momma's-good-boy treatment in the media sphere and almost everyone outside of their clique hates them with a passion usually reserved for intestinal parasites.

I feel betrayed, honestly. The Democrats refused to do a damn thing to stop outsourcing, endemic corruption,the expansion of the NSA national security fuck-your-rightspalooza and using illegal immigrants as diversity-friendly slave labor. Obama was a lying shitbag with no scruples, and Hillary Clinton has the moral fibre of a brain-eating amoeba.

I'm done with the modern left, I'll still read left-wing writers I know aren't suckers and brownshirts but I'm not fucking voting Democrat again until they unfuck themselves. Imagine being so incompetent that the youth, the most reliable source of left-wing customers, are turning right for the first time in probably fucking ever.

So this thread is for people who used to call themselves left-wing, or still do and feel that the modern left isn't on their side anymore.
ask me about my hobo clown fetish

GorillaGamer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The Ex-Left Thread: Disillusion, Anger, Cuckoldry

Post by GorillaGamer » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:36 am

I consider myself to be left-leaning; I'm all for equality regardless of gender, race, sexuality, and all that jazz. I remember back in 2008, where the Democrats were the good guys, fighting against the backwards Republicans, as I was led to believe.

However with the rise of social justice, it suddenly became the cool thing for liberals to publicly shame people for being born a white man. If they had the audacity to ask for the SJW's to stop, they'll get relentlessly mocked for being so fragile, even though they're not exactly the toughest people around. What followed the shaming was the notion of white/male guilt, where people would apologize, for being born the way they are even though they didn't do anything wrong. I refuse to align myself with a group where I'm treated like vermin, just because I was born with a skin color they didn't like.

What didn't help was that there was so much corruption and shilling between the media and the liberals. Say what you will about GamerGate, you can't deny that gaming journalism is a crooked business, filled with talentless hacks who hate gaming.

I thank you Bonglorio, for making this topic for me to vent my grievances.
Jesus man what is up with you and all of those waifus! Are you secretly the "Ultimate Pimp"?
A quote from Project AFTER
Gorillagram only gets sexual stimulation from playing Pokemon Reborn and its derivatives.
A quote from Andrew himself

Yaoi Huntress Earth

Post by Yaoi Huntress Earth » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:18 pm

I know how you feel. Growing up in the 80s and 90s, I remember when it was the right that were the censor-happy moralists and hypocrites. It also didn't help that a number of their pundits in the 00s and 90s had this arrogance that turned me off and that I came across more nutty right-wingers than left wingers in my life. (One who believed teenagers should be taught to "hate and fear sex" and equated sex ed to "teaching kids how to build a bomb and telling them not to do it". The very mention of sexuality made her sick to her stomach and act with mild hostility. Looking back I think she might've been molested or raped when she was younger.)

I knew the Democrats were a sinking ship, but I held out due to loyalty. Now these days, I've become disillusioned with the left how terrible they've become. The entitled arrogance, the race-baiting that is destroying all the beautiful progress we made, the hatefulness and corruption, the feeding of a victimhood narrative and hate towards others to non-whites, the cult of social justice and trying too hard to stick their middle fingers at regular society that they're causing more problems than the solve. And don't get me started on the damage they do to the entertainment industry. I'm still left of center and I'm fine with that.
"Lying: It's the responsible thing to do."-Louie, Ducktales (2017)

Yaoi Huntress Earth

Post by Yaoi Huntress Earth » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:55 pm

I've pretty much now divorced myself from them now that they're singing the praises of "racist" statues being torn down without permission and it started reminding me of how Maoist China (and ISIS) destroyed or at least deface historical artifacts because they were of the "old culture". It's also sad how modern college academia is also following suit by getting rid of studies and sciences that are "too white" or telling a group that they must "abolish" who they are.
"Lying: It's the responsible thing to do."-Louie, Ducktales (2017)

Revolver Giraffe

Post by Revolver Giraffe » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:16 am

The Democrats lost me sometime during Obama's first term. Republicans had spent the last five years systematically wrecking their reputation with neocon adventures in Iraq, followed by what looked like the onset of economic collapse. Bush was so hated that Democrats were able to secure a sweeping electoral mandate and Congressional supermajority by promising to change everything.

And then they bailed out the financial elites responsible for the Great Recession while ordinary Americans lost their houses. They threw billions of dollars at failing businesses while levying tax penalties on people who don't buy worthless, overpriced medical insurance. They kept the war in Afghanistan going while looking for every opportunity to insert America's foot in the door in Libya and Syria. After promising the American people hope and change, all Obama was able to deliver was eight years of incompetence and venality masquerading as noble intentions. "If only Republicans would stop being obstructionist," we were told, "Obama would be able to amount to something. Oh well, guess you're getting another year of the sequester." As if that excuse did anything but expose how pathetic the entire Democratic party apparatus is. If it's that easy for Republicans to shut down them down, why not roll the dice and vote for Republicans? At least then we might get something other than yet more of the status quo, with its slow slide into ruin.

Then 2016 rolled around and Democrats expertly demonstrated that they've learned nothing at all. The party rigged its own nomination process for the benefit of the very face of condescending, out-of-touch elitism, simply because "historic first X President" is the only bullet they have left in the chamber. If Obama was a wolf in sheep's clothing, Hillary Clinton doesn't even bother with the disguise. Her agenda is "more power for me, fuck you," and she proceeded to tar and feather not just Democrats who supported Bernie Sanders, but anyone she considered "deplorable," which turned out to be a fair-sized chunk of Americans in general.

And the Democratic reaction to losing was to shrug and say Americans are just too fascist to vote correctly. To them, Donald Trump is simultaneously an illegitimate President who squeaked by with a minority of the vote, and the avatar of the overpowering racism embedded in the American soul. Donald Trump represents whatever they need him to for the sake of avoiding the soul-searching and reform the Democratic Party desperately needs. It needs new leadership, a new platform, a new nomination process, new messaging, renewed efforts to connect with the working class. And instead of doing any of that, they're probably going to run Hillary again.