Mangaka/ Director Station.

Talk about all things anime and manga here!
Gavin E. Sparks

Mangaka/ Director Station.

Post by Gavin E. Sparks » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:19 pm

Origin of the thread: Due to the fact that Pluto is getting an anime adaptation, I originally wanted to make this a Naoki Urasawa thread since I like his works (need to read/watch Monster) a lot.

And then it hit me: Why not turn it into a thread that focuses on the works of manga writers n artists/light novelists/ anime directors/ you name it. I was also inspired by Araki's book on how to create manga (I haven't read it yet, but I've seen experts of it and it's pretty neat).

Oh and this isn't limited to just praise, you can talk shit/ mock creators as well. Go nuts!
Have you finished those errands?

Mr. Boat

Re: Mangaka/ Director Station.

Post by Mr. Boat » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:47 pm

In terms of directors, I'd say Hiroyuki Imaishi is probably my favorite, I enjoy his sense of inspired insanity. Close second would be Yoshiaki Kawajiri, I love the style he brings, especially to action scenes. Ninja Scroll is probably my favorite anime movie.
ImageImage

Gavin E. Sparks

Post by Gavin E. Sparks » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:35 pm

Mr. Boat wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:47 pm
In terms of directors, I'd say Hiroyuki Imaishi is probably my favorite, I enjoy his sense of inspired insanity. Close second would be Yoshiaki Kawajiri, I love the style he brings, especially to action scenes. Ninja Scroll is probably my favorite anime movie.
Imaishi is definitely one of my faves. I like how exaggerated and expressive his characters are. I also like Yutaka Nakamura. He does some really good fight scenes
Have you finished those errands?

Cirrus

Post by Cirrus » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:44 pm

As far as directors go, I really like Takeshi Koike. While his body of work isn't that large, it is quite good nonetheless. From Redline, to the two modern Lupin the 3rd ovas, both Woman Called Fujiko Mine and Jigen's Gravestone. His art is super stylized, and the action scenes in his projects are very dynamic and well animated.