Worst completed series

Talk about all things anime and manga here!
Cirrus

Re: Worst completed series

Post by Cirrus » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:14 pm

Maliyana wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:29 pm
Wild Shocker wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:20 pm
........You can't be serious. That can't be an actual thing someone wrote down and thought it didn't sound laughable. No way.

Yep. In fact, I found a relevant article: http://elfen-lied.wikia.com/wiki/Number_28

I actually got a few details wrong, like it may be a lot less stupid than I remembered, but that's not saying much.
Number 28's role in the story is heartbreakingly tragic. After being brutally and repeatedly raped by The Unknown Man, she was eviscerated and placed within a case, used as a sensor for other Diclonii. Further, researchers implanted with a device designed to cause her excruciating pain just in case her vectors should emerge. She also had her vocal cords severed so she could not even cry out in pain. The Unknown Man intended to use her to track other Diclonii, especially Lucy, but instead, she found Nana at the Maple House. She contacted telepathically, appearing in the form of a faceless, legless monster, warning Nana of the Unknown Man and begging her to kill her to end her suffering. In this condition, even with life support, she would not have lasted more than three days. When he discovered Number 28 had found Nana instead of Lucy, the Unknown Man killed her in a fit of rage over what he saw as her uselessness.
Age 6-7 years old
That's so fucking edgy I've cut myself from reading it.

DarkFatalKnight

Post by DarkFatalKnight » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:58 am

I remember watching Elfen Lied when I was around 13 years old and thought it was good.

Then I grew up. I can also say the same about other horrible shows like Lucky Star.

Spikey Buddy

Post by Spikey Buddy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:04 pm

Love Hina. I just remember how annoying nearly every character was, especially Naru. I think it was this show that set my distaste of tsundere characters. Not only just Naru, but it had an uncreative cast like the wilting flower, the drunk, the other tsundere miko, the super genius scientist, etc. It was a chore to sit through. And reading Wild Shocker's post beforehand, let's say that the sappy moments failed at being sappy. They came off as insincere and cringeworthy at worst. I didn't even get the specials, because I heard they were worse and were basically there to milk the series.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

Post by Yaoi Huntress Earth » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:43 pm

Spikey Buddy wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:04 pm
Love Hina. I just remember how annoying nearly every character was, especially Naru. I think it was this show that set my distaste of tsundere characters. Not only just Naru, but it had an uncreative cast like the wilting flower, the drunk, the other tsundere miko, the super genius scientist, etc. It was a chore to sit through. And reading Wild Shocker's post beforehand, let's say that the sappy moments failed at being sappy. They came off as insincere and cringeworthy at worst. I didn't even get the specials, because I heard they were worse and were basically there to milk the series.
Saw one episode and I never wanted to watch another one.
"Lying: It's the responsible thing to do."-Louie, Ducktales (2017)

Mr. Boat

Post by Mr. Boat » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:17 am

I had the great misfortune of watching Akame ga Kill all the way through when it aired on Toonami. Hoooooooooooooo boy. If I didn't have a self-imposed obligation to finish what I start watching after I get past a certain point. And sweet gentle Jesus, did I suffer for that. Never have I seen a series so utterly retarded that thought it was so profound. Well, maybe not never....

Neon Genesis Evangelion is perhaps the greatest evidence for why it's a bad idea to work while seriously depressed. What should have a had a fairly straightforward formula turned into a garbled, incomprehensible mess, all because its creator had a case of the sads. First of all, literally every major character (and just about all of the side characters too) has a glaringly obvious personality disorder. And yet, this show seems to take place in a world where therapy doesn't exist. Imagine, if you will, if NERV had a therapist on staff. Not one character we learn the name of would be cleared to work there. In spite of all this, it wasn't all terrible immediately. It had a janky start, but after 6 episodes, the series did show a fair bit of promise. Then Asuka showed up. And after the red-headed cunt brought her unique brand of red-headed cuntiness to the table, the show put her center stage and doubled down on the "make Shinji a doormat" theme. And then, not long after that, it completely went off the sanity cliff. Very ambitious show, but like the Challenger, it didn't make it very far before it failed catastrophically.
ImageImage

Yaoi Huntress Earth

Post by Yaoi Huntress Earth » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:56 am

Mr. Boat wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:17 am
I had the great misfortune of watching Akame ga Kill all the way through when it aired on Toonami. Hoooooooooooooo boy. If I didn't have a self-imposed obligation to finish what I start watching after I get past a certain point. And sweet gentle Jesus, did I suffer for that. Never have I seen a series so utterly retarded that thought it was so profound. Well, maybe not never....

Neon Genesis Evangelion is perhaps the greatest evidence for why it's a bad idea to work while seriously depressed. What should have a had a fairly straightforward formula turned into a garbled, incomprehensible mess, all because its creator had a case of the sads. First of all, literally every major character (and just about all of the side characters too) has a glaringly obvious personality disorder. And yet, this show seems to take place in a world where therapy doesn't exist. Imagine, if you will, if NERV had a therapist on staff. Not one character we learn the name of would be cleared to work there. In spite of all this, it wasn't all terrible immediately. It had a janky start, but after 6 episodes, the series did show a fair bit of promise. Then Asuka showed up. And after the red-headed cunt brought her unique brand of red-headed cuntiness to the table, the show put her center stage and doubled down on the "make Shinji a doormat" theme. And then, not long after that, it completely went off the sanity cliff. Very ambitious show, but like the Challenger, it didn't make it very far before it failed catastrophically.
That's another one where I watched one episode and stopped since I couldn't stand Aska and Shinji. It wasn't even worth watching to rip it apart.
"Lying: It's the responsible thing to do."-Louie, Ducktales (2017)

oddguy

Post by oddguy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:42 am

Peto Peto san.

It was one of the first anime I have ever seen and it left a bad taste in my mouth. It was boring, the plot made no sense, the ending made no sense, the characters were obnoxious and the main character's personality is inconsistent.