Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Talk about all things anime and manga here!
Zerkion

Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Post by Zerkion » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:02 pm

I've been watching this show as it's been airing on Toonami, and it's great. Definitely one of my favorite shounen anime. It didn't start out that way though. When I saw the first episode once it premiered on Toonami, it didn't click with me at all. It just seemed to follow the typical shounen format to a T, and it didn't seem special to me at all. But as the months went by, I caught glimpses of HxH when channel flipping, and the story seemed to be going in an interesting direction, so I gave it a second chance and started watching from the beginning.

I'm very glad I did. The show has a lot of the typical staples of shounen, but the show seems pretty smart about them. I'm not sure how exactly to describe it, but it's like the show saw the tropes shounen usually uses and wanted to do something different with them, which I respect. I'm watching HxH on Toonami atm since I'm primarily a dub watcher, and it's at the Chimera Ant arc right now. I'm really excited to see where the show goes. How about you guys.