"What Are You Watching/Reading Now?" Thread

Talk about all things anime and manga here!
Maliyana

"What Are You Watching/Reading Now?" Thread

Post by Maliyana » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:48 pm

Saw a similar thread in the Vidya section, so I made this. What anime or manga are you looking at?

I'm watching more than one show currently, but out of those, my favorites are Code Geass and The Big O.

JacksonFall

Re: "What Are You Watching/Reading Now?" Thread

Post by JacksonFall » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:43 pm

I was trying to read Keyman awhile back but the fanservice got to me and I couldn't stomach it anymore.

Damn shame too, everything else about that manga was stylish as all hell.
Shoob Style!

Cirrus

Post by Cirrus » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:37 pm

From the current season I'm watching My Hero Academia, Attack on Titan S2 and Laughing Salesman. Then in my spare time I'm rewatching Gundam Build Fighters. Currently in the middle of the second season.

GorillaGamer

Post by GorillaGamer » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:49 am

I'm planning on watching Saga of Tanya the Evil, since several people in the Discord chat highly recommended it.
Jesus man what is up with you and all of those waifus! Are you secretly the "Ultimate Pimp"?
A quote from Project AFTER
Gorillagram only gets sexual stimulation from playing Pokemon Reborn and its derivatives.
A quote from Andrew himself

Wild Shocker

Post by Wild Shocker » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:24 am

I'm currently watching Re:Creators, Dragon Ball Super, Little Witch Academia and Rage of Bahamut:Genesis to catch up on the recently released 2nd season, Virgin Soul. And I'm also rewatching Dragon Ball Kai (I'm about halfway into the Saiyan Saga, specifically Yamcha's death).
If there's anything worse than having diabetes, it's being Moviebob and Jim Sterling combined.

DeanTheAdequate

Post by DeanTheAdequate » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:41 am

Reading: Goblin Slayer, Helck, One Punch Man, The Bride's Story and Yamada-Kun and the Seven Witches

Watching: Samurai Jack (2001), Aeon Flux, My Hero Academia, Re:Creators, ACCA:13 and Dirty Pair TV

Man, The Bride's Story really floored me and I'm learning a lot about culture of mid 19th century central asia. I was glad to find this one at the library.

Been on a fantasy kick since I'm taking a break from Jojo (I'm in the middle of Steel Ball Run. It's a bit of a slog) and Goblin Slaywer and Helck are scratching a sword and sorcery itch.

Yamada-Kun and the Seven Witches is a high school thing that is actually a little interesting (Save for some high school shenanigans required by law to be in manga). The powers granted to the "Witches" at this school make for some rather neat plots.

I've been watching Samurai Jack because (And this sounds stupid I know) I feel it would be a disservice to the current show by not watching the one that came before. When it first aired I was working and going to culinary college full time so I didn't have a lot of time to watch shows regularly, no matter the quality.

Aeon Flux just popped into my head recently ads I've been mulling over a new article. I suspect I'll be watching quite a lot of US/western based animations meant for adults over the coming weeks. This article might be a biggie.

Acca 13 was recommended to me by my sister so I figured why not give it a shot.

Dirty Pair TV is all for me tho'. So much 80s sci-fi fun.
The thoughtful Anime Outsider's writer with the golden voice.

Gavin E. Sparks

Post by Gavin E. Sparks » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:12 pm

Reading: Stardust Crusaders/ 20th Century Boys/TMNT/ My Hero Academia
Watching Samurai Jack
Have you finished those errands?

Geossi

Post by Geossi » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:51 am

Weekly/Monthly/Whenever releases:
  • Berserk
  • JoJolion
  • One Punch Man
  • Kaiji part 5
  • Mob Psycho 100
  • One Piece
  • My Hero Academia
I'm also re-reading Naoki Urasawa's Monster and planning on re-reading Dragon Ball and JoJo Vento Aureo.

I'm currently only watching Berserk 2017, mainly because I'm addicted to the misery and awfulness. I'll binge watch everything interesting from this season once it's over.
"My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all those of justice."

Maliyana

Finished Terror in Resonance

Post by Maliyana » Sat May 13, 2017 1:39 am

I just finished Terror in Resonance, and holy shit, that's gotta be one of the greatest anime I've seen in a long time. It's only eleven episodes, but it really packed a punch. The plot was excellent, and every single character (save for one) was great. And the ending was great; no loose ends. If you haven't seen it, get on that shit.

Gavin E. Sparks

Post by Gavin E. Sparks » Mon May 15, 2017 8:28 pm

I wanna give that show a shot. It looks pretty cool.
Have you finished those errands?