"What Are You Watching/Reading Now?" Thread

Talk about all things anime and manga here!
Cirrus

Re: "What Are You Watching/Reading Now?" Thread

Post by Cirrus » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:44 pm

I'm still enjoying Welcome to the Ballroom. This is actually the first anime where I've read the manga before watching the anime, which is an interesting experience. I've also recently began watching an old ADV title called Pumpkin Scissors if anyone has heard of that. It's pretty good so far. Military intrigue set in a post WWII style fictional Europe isn't anything I can complain about.

manofonetitle

Post by manofonetitle » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:05 pm

Currently watching Rising of the Shield Hero, Baki, Hinomaru Sumo, Mob Psycho and My Roommate is a Cat. Digging all of them so far.

VanDerLindeMangoes

Post by VanDerLindeMangoes » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:36 pm

I am watching One Piece, Boruto, Shield Hero, the final season of Fairy Tail, Kaguya-Sama: Love is War, and I plan to watch Sword Art Online: Alicization soon. I am also waiting for Season 2 of the KonoSuba dub.
"We need smoke, noise, and money!" - Dutch van der Linde, 1899.

manofonetitle

Post by manofonetitle » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:13 am

seems like youre a fan of isekai type animes. might i ask, which one of those is your favorite? ive never watched sword art online, and i tried watching konosuba but i got really annoyed with it. the only one i really like is shield hero because the mc is actually relatable, which is pretty damn refreshing. any other ones out there that you can recommend?

VanDerLindeMangoes

Post by VanDerLindeMangoes » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:31 am

manofonetitle wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:13 am
seems like youre a fan of isekai type animes. might i ask, which one of those is your favorite? ive never watched sword art online, and i tried watching konosuba but i got really annoyed with it. the only one i really like is shield hero because the mc is actually relatable, which is pretty damn refreshing. any other ones out there that you can recommend?
Well, you have to understand what KonoSuba is. KonoSuba takes tropes of the Isekai genre and flips them on their head.
As for other Isekai anime, The Devil Is A Part-Timer! is interesting as it is an inverse of the typical Isekai plot: the fantasy world denizens come to the human world and present-day Japan.
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody is a short but fun romp.
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime is popular right now.
Overlord is also a big one.
Keep an eye out for So I'm a Spider, So What?. I've read it, so I am looking forward to it.
"We need smoke, noise, and money!" - Dutch van der Linde, 1899.