Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Talk about all things anime and manga here!
Bonglorio

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Post by Bonglorio » Thu May 11, 2017 7:44 am

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is a manga and anime series created by Hirohiko Araki, a man who doesn't seem to physically age. It is massively popular worldwide due to it's distinctive visual style, cool powers, and a convoluted storyline spanning generations of the Joestar family line.

The story so far:

Phantom Blood: A local orphan by the name of Dio Brando ruins everything and Jonathan Joestar must learn the power of The Ripple to keep Dio from cucking him and also take over the world using a mask that grants acupuncture vampire powers. Despite having a fight scene with a vampire Jack the Ripper who shoots scalpels out of his body, this is the most straightforward arc in terms of story.

Battle Tendency: Joseph Joestar, a quick-thinking rogue finds himself embroiled in a fight against the Third Reich and the Aztec Fitness Gods known as the Pillar Men. To better combat this sinister and incredibly homosexual threat, he and an Italian with bubble powers train under Lisa Lisa, Ripple master and classy dame. Also, Nazi Guile has a machine gun built into his dick.

Stardust Crusaders: This is the famous arc everybody knows. Stands are introduced, which are an odd toss-up between familiars and psychic powers. Jotaro Kujo discovers his Stand powers and gets swept up in a search for Dio Brando before Jotaro's mom is killed. Accompanying him on this journey is his grandpa Joseph Joestar, a Frenchman, and Egyptian, a cherry-obsessed high school student and a dog.

Diamond is Unbreakable: Josuke, perpetually cash-strapped owner of the worst pompadour on Earth, does battle with other Stand users with his idiot friend and a manlet as they track down a serial killer in their city. This arc marks the manga's transition into full-blown surrealism with a reality-warping manga author, a cat reincarnated as a plant, and a chef that violently heals people.

Vento Aureo: Dio Brando's bastard Italian son, Giorno, seeks to become a Gang-star, fighting other criminal elements as he seeks to reclaim the mafia structure as a force to protect the innocent. This arc also features King Crimson, a Stand that is incredibly hard to explain.

Stone Ocean: This arc is set in a Florida prison and that's pretty much all you need to know. A mannish Joestar woman seeks to stop a gay black priest from making a baby out of Dio's finger bone. Notably, the Stand powers are some of the most original and memorable in the series, culminating in one that can reset the universe.

Steel Ball Run: An awesome Italian and his cripple sidekick enter a horse race to reclaim the body parts of Jesus Christ in order to keep them out of the hands of the President of the United States. Along the way, they meet a man who turns into rope, a nun named Hot Pants, alternate universe Dio Brando, and Charles Bronson. This arc's Joestar, Johnny, unfortunately sucks.

Jojolion: The current arc, A guy named Josuke with four wakes up on the beach with no memory of who he is. This arc is set in the aftermath of a natural disaster which led to weird shit happening everywhere. as this arc is ongoing, details are still coming out. This Josuke has four testicles and this is a major plot point, also paaaaaaancaaaaaakes.

And in this thread, we discuss this insanely awesome and awesomely insane series
ask me about my hobo clown fetish

Cirrus

Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Post by Cirrus » Thu May 11, 2017 3:07 pm

Joseph Joestar.

Nuff said.

Max-Vader

Post by Max-Vader » Thu May 11, 2017 3:44 pm

pancakes.jpg

SeinenNinja

Post by SeinenNinja » Fri May 12, 2017 7:40 pm

Need to catch up on the manga. Been in the middle of Part 1 for a while now. Still wish the official releases didn't have the changed names or I would be throwing money at Viz for them.

Also will Part 5 have a anime adaptation anytime soon?

Revolver Giraffe

Post by Revolver Giraffe » Fri May 12, 2017 9:05 pm

Viz is weird because they still change names for no reason, but are vastly better about it than other localizers. Polnareff isn't Eiffel in their version, for instance. I don't know what's going on, but it makes me concerned for what they're going to do when they get to Part 4.

Maliyana

Post by Maliyana » Fri May 12, 2017 9:06 pm

SeinenNinja wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 7:40 pm
Also will Part 5 have a anime adaptation anytime soon?
They'll probably announce a release date when the Rohan OVA comes out.

Mr. Boat

Post by Mr. Boat » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:02 pm

I'm pretty sure Jojo's Colored Adventure has finished with the new translations for Part 5, the problem is the chapter I'm on as well as a couple others appear to be missing from every site I've checked. Hopefully it will end up being translated, otherwise I'll probably just turn to the old scans for those chapters.
ImageImage