E3 2017- #Girlwood Memorial Edition

Talk about the vidya gaems here!
Hyperboreal

E3 2017- #Girlwood Memorial Edition

Post by Hyperboreal » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:01 pm

It's that time again.

EA (June 10 @ 12 PM PST/3 PM EST)
You already know what to expect: New Madden, New FIFA, New Need for Speed, New NBA Live, Star Wars: Battlefront II, DLC for Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1 and The Sims 4, but there's also rumors of a new Bioware game, because everyone is loving Bioware right now.

Microsoft (June 11 @ 2 PM PST/5 PM EST)
Microsoft's been having a rough past couple of years with Fable Legends & Scalebound, two games being heavily pushed for their struggling Xbox One getting cancelled, yet now they have to sell the public on their upgraded Scorpio model. Expect Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves, and Forza 7. Halo 6 has been confirmed to be a no-show.

Bethesda (June 11 @ 9 PM PST/June 12 @ Midnight EST)
Are you willing to stay up this late to hear Todd Howard's sweet little lies? If so, expect to at least see Quake Champions. The VR versions of Doom & Fallout 4 are also very likely. As for wild cards, there was that Wolfenstein game subtly teased last year, and apparently The Evil Within is getting a sequel. We asked for this?

Devolver Digital (June 11 @ 10 PM PST/June 12 @ 1 AM EST)
You're mad if you think I'm going to stay up this late to watch an indie conference. Maybe they'll announce Serious Sam 4, but more likely, it's a bunch of indieshit you don't care about.

PC Gaming Show (June 12 @ 10 AM PST/1 PM EST)
Let's be honest, no one cares about the PC Gaming Show. I only include it here for completion's sake. The same people who were there last year will be there this year and 90% of them will have the same game as last year.

Ubisoft (June 12 @ 1 PM PST/4 PM EST)
You'll be happy to know that Aisha Tyler will NOT be hosting this year. Unfortunately, the games have not changed. Expect a new Just Dance, a new The Crew, a new Far Cry, a new Assassin's Creed, a new Rabbids game (possibly a Mario crossover of all things,) a new Tom Clancy game, and South Park. They can't all be For Honor.

Sony (June 12 @ 6 PM PST/9 PM EST)
What's in Sony's bag of tricks to help them "win E3" until next year when people realize most of the games they showed still aren't out? We have Days Gone (a zombie survival game from the studio that brought us Bubsy 3D,) a new God of War that looks nothing like the old God of War Insomniac's Spider-Man game, Gran Turismo Sport, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (a stand-alone Uncharted 4 expansion) and... that's about all we know right now! Well, there's rumors of From Software's next game (either a Bloodborne sequel or a new IP entirely,) end there's certainly going to be a big sizzle reel of mediocre indie games you'll get with your PS+ account. Everything else is a mystery, so feel free to hype yourself as much as possible to be adequately disappointed. Oh, and Death Stranding's a no-show. Greatness still awaits.

Nintendo (June 13 @ 9 AM PST/Noon EST)
Nintendo's always an interesting one to watch, as they often pull a surprise E3 victory, like in 2014. We already know 3 Nintendo games that will be at E3 in Arms, Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey, but early Switch adopters better pray that those aren't the only games they've got and that the fourth game isn't the Rabbids/Mario crossover.

The rest
-2K will have a presence at E3. Will it be Red Dead Redemption 2? WWE 2K18? Garbage? Err... I meant to say Borderlands 3.
-Activision is bringing the new Call of Duty, and probably also Destiny 2
-Capcom's bringing Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite for sure. Rumors also state that Devil May Cry 5 will debut.
-Crytek's big game at E3 is Hunt: Showdown
-Focus Home: Call of Cthulhu, Vampyr & Werewolf: The Apocalypse
-Square Enix: The big Square Enix rumor is that there will be a Life is Strange prequel by Deck Nine. Also, apparently Kingdom Hearts III is a no show.
-Sega/Atlus: 13 Sentinels (from Odin Sphere creator Vanillasphere,) Sonic Forces & Total Warhammer II
-XSEED: Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash, Zwei II, Sakuna: Of Rice & Ruin & the Switch ports of Shantae: Half-Genie Hero and Fate/Extella
-Lots of indie bullshit

Max-Vader

Re: E3 2017- #Girlwood Memorial Edition

Post by Max-Vader » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:20 pm

Hyperboreal wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:01 pm
EA (June 10 @ 3 PM EST/12 PM PST)
You already know what to expect: New Madden, New FIFA, New Need for Speed, New NBA Live, Star Wars: Battlefront II, DLC for Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1 and The Sims 4, but there's also rumors of a new Bioware game, because everyone is loving Bioware right now.
Absolute shit.
Microsoft (June 11 @ 5 PM EST/2 PM PST)
Microsoft's been having a rough past couple of years with Fable Legends & Scalebound, two games being heavily pushed for their struggling Xbox One getting cancelled, yet now they have to sell the public on their upgraded Scorpio model. Expect Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves, and Forza 7. Halo 6 has been confirmed to be a no-show.
Is it just me or are they fucked six ways from sunday?
Bethesda (June 11 @ Midnight EST/9 PM PST)
Are you willing to stay up this late to hear Todd Howard's sweet little lies? If so, expect to at least see Quake Champions. The VR versions of Doom & Fallout 4 are also very likely. As for wild cards, there was that Wolfenstein game subtly teased last year, and apparently The Evil Within is getting a sequel. We asked for this?
To quote Kaiji: Who cares?
Ubisoft (June 12 @ 4 PM EST/1 PM PST)
You'll be happy to know that Aisha Tyler will NOT be hosting this year. Unfortunately, the games have not changed. Expect a new Just Dance, a new The Crew, a new Far Cry, a new Assassin's Creed, a new Rabbids game (possibly a Mario crossover of all things,) a new Tom Clancy game, and South Park. They can't all be For Honor.
See EA.
Sony (June 12 @ 9 PM EST/6 PM PST)
What's in Sony's bag of tricks to help them "win E3" until next year when people realize most of the games they showed still aren't out? We have Days Gone (a zombie survival game from the studio that brought us Bubsy 3D,) a new God of War that looks nothing like the old God of War and... that's about all we know right now! Well, there's rumors of From Software's next game (either a Bloodborne sequel or a new IP entirely,) there'll probably be trailers for Death Stranding and that Insomniac Spider-Man game, and there's certainly going to be a big sizzle reel of mediocre indie games you'll get with your PS+ account, but aside from that, it's a mystery!
Okay seriously, why is E3 so terrible this year? Or has it always sucked this much and I just didn't notice before?
Nintendo (June 13 @ Noon EST/9 AM PST)
Nintendo's always an interesting one to watch, as they often pull a surprise E3 victory, like in 2014. We already know 3 Nintendo games that will be at E3 in Arms, Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey, but early Switch adopters better pray that those aren't the only games they've got and that the fourth game isn't the Rabbids/Mario crossover.
Splatoon 2 and Arms are interesting, but not interesting enough to buy that dumpster-fire they call the Switch.

In summary:

maxresdefault.jpg

Gavin E. Sparks

Post by Gavin E. Sparks » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:36 am

Hyperboreal wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:01 pm

The rest
-2K will have a presence at E3. Will it be Red Dead Redemption 2? WWE 2K18? Garbage? Err... I meant to say Borderlands 3.
-Activision is bringing the new Call of Duty, and probably also Destiny 2
-Capcom's bringing Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite for sure. Rumors also state that Devil May Cry 5 will debut.
-Crytek's big game at E3 is Hunt: Showdown
-Focus Home: Call of Cthulhu, Vampyr & Werewolf: The Apocalypse
-Square Enix: The big Square Enix rumor is that there will be a Life is Strange prequel by Deck Nine. Also, apparently Kingdom Hearts III is a no show.
-Sega/Atlus: 13 Sentinels (from Odin Sphere creator Vanillasphere,) Sonic Forces & Total Warhammer II
-XSEED: Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash, Zwei II, Sakuna: Of Rice & Ruin & the Switch ports of Shantae: Half-Genie Hero and Fate/Extella
-Lots of indie bullshit
At this point, KH3 will be out by the time I'm out of college. Heck, it''' probably end up coming out on PC as well with a release date for 2025.
Have you finished those errands?

KingMan

Post by KingMan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:49 pm

Come now Max, this E3 can't be that bad. *Looks at list* I take that back.

It really says something that Nintendo has the most interesting lineup and even that is kind of bare.

GorillaGamer

Post by GorillaGamer » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:26 am

When was the last E3 that could qualify as good? Because I'll bet you good money that it was before 2010.
Jesus man what is up with you and all of those waifus! Are you secretly the "Ultimate Pimp"?
A quote from Project AFTER
Gorillagram only gets sexual stimulation from playing Pokemon Reborn and its derivatives.
A quote from Andrew himself

SeinenNinja

Post by SeinenNinja » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:13 pm

Gavin E. Sparks wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:36 am
At this point, KH3 will be out by the time I'm out of college. Heck, it''' probably end up coming out on PC as well with a release date for 2025.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarde ... 9ead3309d7 According to this, expect KH3 and the FF7 Remake within the next three years.

For Microsoft, I am expecting the Scorpio to be a powerhouse with the option to switch out part and to add newer components. So more of a PC since I'm guessing that's Microsoft's path going forward.

For Sony, not much. Possible price drops, new VR games. Shot in the dark is that they will announce a new handheld to try to siphon off some of that market and/or be a response to the Switch. Also don't know if it will be shown here or in Ubisoft's conference, but the new Assassin's Creed game got leaked. Setting is Ancient Egypt.

For Nintendo, along with the three games already mentioned, I hope they announce a few more games and more details about their online services. Heard from leaks that there will be a Smash Bros game being announced, the SNES Classic will be announced, that Tokyo Mirage Sessions game will be ported, Xenoblade 2 is delayed till early next year, and yes, the Mario/Rabbits game is coming.

Hyperboreal

Post by Hyperboreal » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:56 pm

The conferences so far

EA: Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cares?

Microsoft: Actually not that bad. They're bringing original Xbox compatibility, we saw gameplay for Dragon Ball Fighterz & Code Vein, Crackdown 3 has Terry Crews, new Metro & Cuphead release date

AO_Kevin

Post by AO_Kevin » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:30 pm

With the "Xbox One X" I think Microsoft has successfully outdone Nintendo as far as bad console names go. I also like how they started their presentation with an actual SPORTS CAR announcement, like what the hell?

All joking aside, this was a pretty solid presentation by MS I think. DB FighterZ and Cuphead certainly got my attention and The Last Night stands out among the indie showcase.

The backward compatibilty was real nice surprise to, but I would have liked to see them retroactively provide compatibility to your XBOX Live Arcade/Downloadable games library. Ah well.