The King of Fighters

Talk about the vidya gaems here!
JacksonFall

The King of Fighters

Post by JacksonFall » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:46 pm

Gonna kick this forum off right with a thread dedicated to the best fighting game franchise of all time, the King of Fighters!

If you're playing any of the games on Steam, Fightcade, PS4, or anything else, let everyone know here!

Burn to Fight, my friends
Shoob Style!

AO_Kevin

Re: The King of Fighters

Post by AO_Kevin » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:53 pm

Ever since I got powerline adapters, the netplay on XIV has been a much better experience for me regardless of the region. As such, I've been doing pretty damn good in Ranked Matches as of recently (even encountered my first rage quitter the other day).

While I have a tendency to gravitate to the Fatal Fury gang, my main team this entry has been King, Hein and Robert in that order, with the occasional swap out for Clark (thank goodness the latest patch brought back his Argentine Backbreaker super armor!)

I actually really like how Rock works in XIV as well. Getting better with him is on the to-do list with this game next to figuring out Yamazaki and quite possibly Leona so I can use all of the Ikari Warriors team efficiently.

JacksonFall

Post by JacksonFall » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:05 pm

Ya'll know what character I'm all about

Shoob Style!

KoriCongo

Post by KoriCongo » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:18 pm

I got XIV yesterday, and while I haven't the chance to play it for long, I've enjoyed it immensely. King is still my mainstay, and I'm gonna see if I can learn Kukri.

Cody

Post by Cody » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:37 pm

KoF is the greatest fighting game franchise and I will fight anyone who says otherwise IRL.

Screen name on PS4 is Shmeckie. Send me a friend request if you wanna throw down.

KoriCongo

Post by KoriCongo » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:19 pm

So Verse's AI, at least on Normal Mode and with Daimon, is really easy to cheese. He has no clue how to get past Daimon's 623-LP/his ground slam.

This news has brought me much joy after 9 straight losses against the motherfucker.

Cody

Post by Cody » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:50 pm

Verse is surprisingly dumb and easy on normal difficulty. I say surprisingly because this is SNK. Their bosses are hell.

On level 5, though? The entire second half of the Arcade roster has SNK Boss AI, it's nuts.

JacksonFall

Post by JacksonFall » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:59 am

https://youtu.be/H6FEL80151E?t=1s

I would actually kill to be able to play Angel that well.
Shoob Style!