General "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

Talk about the vidya gaems here!
GorillaGamer

Re: General "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

Post by GorillaGamer » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:20 am

I've been playing several Pokemon fangames, in preparation for my new series which analyses and critiques these games. However I'm not to sure which game I should analyse first. Any ideas will be appreciated.
Jesus man what is up with you and all of those waifus! Are you secretly the "Ultimate Pimp"?
A quote from Project AFTER
Gorillagram only gets sexual stimulation from playing Pokemon Reborn and its derivatives.
A quote from Andrew himself

Maliyana

Post by Maliyana » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:08 pm

I'm picking up M.U.G.E.N again. I'm starting from scratch, but it looks like I'm gonna have about 400 characters once I put my game together.

Cody

Post by Cody » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:41 am

If you want something to build from, I can hook you up with my Capcom or SNK collections.

Wild Shocker

Post by Wild Shocker » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:23 pm

I downloaded the VisualBoyAdvance emulator and I'm now playing Super Robot Wars J.
If there's anything worse than having diabetes, it's being Moviebob and Jim Sterling combined.

Maliyana

Post by Maliyana » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Cody wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:41 am
If you want something to build from, I can hook you up with my Capcom or SNK collections.
That would be awesome. May I have both collections?

EDIT: Also, do you know where I can find Marvel/DC chars that aren't broken as shit? The Wonder Woman that I have managed to beat both God Rugal and Geese simultaneously in Watch mode.
Last edited by Maliyana on Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Revolver Giraffe

Post by Revolver Giraffe » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:07 am

Picked up Rex Rocket in the Steam sale, and it's pretty good!

I've also been playing the Bubsy Two-Fur. It... isn't.

KoriCongo

Post by KoriCongo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:11 pm

If anyone wants a fun SRPG game yet you don't want it to be as in-depth as Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics, pick up Voidspire Tactics from Steam. Walking around with 4 mercenaries, fucking up an alien spire made from a mash-up of different chunks of geography and topography is just a blast.

Revolver Giraffe

Post by Revolver Giraffe » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:15 pm

Actually, Rex Rocket isn't fun. For some reason, it turns into I Wanna Be the Guy about halfway through and never gets better.

I started Vanquish, though, and it's everything I could have wanted from a Platinum adventure. The first boss has you throwing an artillery shell back down a giant robot's arm cannon. The game ramps up from there. Highly recommended.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

Post by Yaoi Huntress Earth » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:38 pm

I just finished the trial version of Sally's Salon: Beauty Secrets and I'm definitely planning on getting the full version.
"Lying: It's the responsible thing to do."-Louie, Ducktales (2017)

Cody

Post by Cody » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:17 pm

Maliyana wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:59 pm
Cody wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:41 am
That would be awesome. May I have both collections?

EDIT: Also, do you know where I can find Marvel/DC chars that aren't broken as shit? The Wonder Woman that I have managed to beat both God Rugal and Geese simultaneously in Watch mode.
Capcom MUGEN

SNK MUGEN

Each have an Arcade Mode and team Arcade ladder I've set up to feel as professional as possible. I've also tried to keep it as balanced as possible, with the exception of characters meant to be bosses. Each collection's Arcade ladder goes like this:

Group of 4-5 normal characters > Normal boss > Mega Boss (Capcom) or incarnation of Rugal (SNK) > God-tier Final Boss (one of 3 or 4 possible)

Team is different, and meant to be played in "TURNS" mode. You fight a set ladder of opponents after a team of two normal boss characters.

As for finding balanced characters, it's all about testing them out, looking at the ratings people give them, and knowing creators and who makes the best stuff. There's no one catch-all way to get MUGEN characters not busted out the ass.

However when you have a 2-on-1 fight in MUGEN the 2 characters teamed up will have less health than the 1 to make it more fair. Keep that in mind.