Dragon Ball

Talk about all things anime and manga here!
Wild Shocker

Dragon Ball

Post by Wild Shocker » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:07 pm

Figured I should make a Dragon Ball thread. What with Super being the shit and one of the best anime to come out in recent memory, here's a thread celebrating one of the greatest (and only good) Shonen. You can talk about anything Dragon Ball-related. The original show, Z, GT, Super, even the hellspawn known as DBTubers if you wanna make fun of them. Have fun!
If there's anything worse than having diabetes, it's being Moviebob and Jim Sterling combined.

T_Noestar

Re: Dragon Ball

Post by T_Noestar » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:13 pm

Praise be to Zamasu

Kerberous

Post by Kerberous » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:59 pm

MasakoX is still one of the cringiest things in this fandom. I think it's kinda stupid for the Tournament of Power to have a no-kill rule when the losers supposedly get erased from existence.

Cody

Post by Cody » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:02 pm

So people on the winning team don't die, either. Also a no kill rule forces you to fight smarter. Otherwise someone like Lady-Broly could just get mad enough to blow up everyone in the arena and end it immediately.

Anyone else think 17's family is gonna be some twist or reveal? Notice they went out of their way not to show that picture he showed Goku? Or that he mentioned two of their kids are adopted? Odd detail to add in there if his family was an afterthought...

Wild Shocker

Post by Wild Shocker » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:54 pm

I think the real reason is that Toriyama didn't design 17's family yet so they never showed them.
If there's anything worse than having diabetes, it's being Moviebob and Jim Sterling combined.

StormMan23

Post by StormMan23 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:03 pm

Since we also mock DBTubers, here is the obligatory MasakoX mention:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmr4J92f5q0

(Wasn't this already explored in Budokai Tenkaichi 2? Also why do DBtards obssess over the lamest villain in all of Z?)

Cody

Post by Cody » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:13 pm

MasakoX is unbelievably hard to watch. Between his incredible awkwardness and lack of any and all charisma (this fuck should never be in front of a camera), dumbass MatPat-esque opinions, and lack of enough brain cells to bang together to justify any of his clickbait-y premises, he's a one man case for suppressing free speech.

StormMan23

Post by StormMan23 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:25 pm

Honestly, the only way MasakoX could be worse is if he was one of those guys who praises the original Funimation dub and Bruce Faulconer's overrated soundtrack.

Cody

Post by Cody » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:51 pm

I think his claim that Dragonball Super should return to Z's 20-episode long fights because "yes DBZ had flaws, but they were our flaws" is up there in terms of sheer mental retardation.

Or spouting "edgy" to refer to Merged Zamasu so much the word lost all meaning by the end of his video review of episode 66 and started sounding like a strange noise rather than a word. Because Zamasu had a religious visual theme. Foregoing the fact that this is a series that has a good guy named Mr. Satan.

Wild Shocker

Post by Wild Shocker » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:59 pm

I thought Z having such long fights were just filler the anime put in. I mean, yeah, in the manga, they're still pretty long, but they're paced pretty well so I don't mind for the most part. And did he really say Super should have the much longer fights Z had? The one flaw everyone rightfully mocks it for? Because that's a special kind of retarded.