Yugioh: The Divine Conspiracy

Anything goes...
GorillaGamer

Yugioh: The Divine Conspiracy

Post by GorillaGamer » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:04 am

A little story before I begin; I’ve been watching Yugioh Vrains recently, and it’s arguably one of the best instalments of the Yugioh anime. Following the completion of that horrendous Smash fic I mocked, I’ve been looking for some new material to mock so I figured “Why not go for a Yugioh fic? You’ve had plenty of experience with that subject before.”

So I decided to search for a Yugioh fic on Fanfiction.net, starting off with Vrains. However nothing there caught my eye, so I decided to browse the sections for the earlier instalments of the anime; no such luck was there as well. I then pondered on mocking the sequel to that Equestria Girls fic that Dashguy mocked, but as he aptly put it himself “If you’ve seen one, you’ve seen them all.”

Putting that aside, I decided to browse the crossover section for Yugioh, which was how I found this thing…

What have I gotten myself into?

This Yugioh: The Divine Conspiracy by Rider of Black 00

Hello there everyone, this is Rider of Black 00 and I’m here with an idea for a new fic, and it will be the best fic I’ve wrote so far! It’s gonna have Pokémon fangames, Yu-Gi-Oh and everyone’s favourite crossdresser, Astolfo. However the main protagonist will be Roland from Fate/Grand Order, as he’s Astolfo’s cousin in that franchise.

One paragraph in and already I’m regretting my choice. It’s bad enough that you’ve thrown in a Fate character into Yugioh, simply because you like him as proven by your penname, but you threw in Pokémon fangames as well?!

As for the villains well I have a great idea on who the villainous faction will be; it’s just that they’ll remain a mystery until the second chapter. Anyway, what to look out for in this fic? Oh yeah, there will be plenty of lemons. Nice, tangy lemons for those of us who like Pokémon fangame characters/Roland. Honestly I’m surprised there hasn’t been more lemons/erotic fan art involving Pokémon fangames but that could change in the future.

Who on earth is asking for Pokémon/Fate crossover lemons?! I know there’s a sizable portion of the Reborn fanbase who likes writing things about the characters, but I doubt they’re as horny as this author.

You raise a point about the lack of erotic fan art though.

That seems to be it for the notes. Now let me kick start my newest fic Yu-Gi-Oh: The Divine Conspiracy.

Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the characters in this fic. They’re the property of their respective creators.

Good. Who knows what madness you’d concoct if that were the case.

Prologue: Card Games and Fan Games

Outskirts of Tokyo: Japan

Today was a most marvellous day for Astolfo; not only had he finished his deck, but his favourite cousin Roland was visiting him from England for a few weeks. The pinkette had spent a while fine tuning his Dark World deck, making sure it’s as powerful as can be.

Because an optimistic, bubbly person like Astolfo is perfectly suited for running a deck based on an army of tyrannical fiends.

Despite the deck’s initial lack of Extra Deck monsters, Astolfo splashed in a couple of cards to fix that little problem. However, Roland didn’t have a lot of powerful cards, with Astolfo promising him that he’d help with that.

If you know what I mean, eh, EH?

Astolfo soon got dressed in his favourite casual attire, which consisted of a purple and white striped shirt, covered with a purple jacket. He also wore a black pleated skirt and matching leggings. The pinkette then proceeded to do up his long hair into a single braid at the back, picked up his deck and exited his room. The house Astolfo lived in was a simple, two-storey house on the outskirts of Japan that he shared with three other people; his best friend Chevalier D’eon, Chevalier’s sweetheart, Blair, and Micaiah, the famous Maiden of Dawn and another friend of Astolfo.

Micaiah?! The legendary Maiden of Dawn and the main heroine of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn? What the fuck is she doing here?!

Sothe, a close friend of Micaiah was also living in the house to ensure nobody attempts to assassinate her, though whether he’s her bodyguard, sibling or lover is a total mystery.

Depending on who you ask, they’re either siblings or lovers. A hotly debated topic in the Fire Emblem community to this day.

Recently Astolfo and Micaiah had started dating one another, but they haven’t made anything public yet.

Both Micaiah and Sothe were going over the cards that Astolfo gifted the former a few days ago. Micaiah was an extraordinarily beautiful young lady with long silver hair, bright golden eyes, and a slender figure. Her attire consisted of a crimson red, sleeveless dress that had side slits, black leggings, fingerless gloves that reached her elbows, a blue scarf and a pair of boots. There was a small bird resting on Micaiah’s left shoulder named Yune, who was the Goddess of Chaos.

Between this lavish description, and that bit about Micaiah and Astolfo dating, she could only be here for one reason.

Sothe was a fairly handsome man who had short green hair and yellow eyes. His outfit consisted of a green vest and black sleeveless undershirt that showed off his midriff, leather pants that were held up with a belt, a pair of boots and a long grey scarf. He was the first one to notice Astolfo rushing down the stairs.

“So you’re awake…” Sothe commented, not averting his gaze from the cards.

The Gagaga Magician Girl was intriguing to the young man…and arousing as well.

“Can you blame me? My cousin’s coming over today!” Astolfo beamed. “We’re gonna have so much fun together, playing card games, hanging out like in the old days…”

“You seem rather fond of your cousin.” Micaiah noted, a small smile on her face as she continued to study the cards. “I must say, these cards are rather interesting; there wasn’t anything like this in Daein when I was growing up.”

Maybe it has to do with the fact that you’re from an entirely different universe.

“I figured you’d like that Prophecy/Spellbook deck, considering your magical prowess.” Astolfo commented. It was then that the doorbell rang, as the pinkette bolted towards the door and eagerly opened it, an ecstatic look on his face. Standing outside was a rather handsome man with short blonde hair and blue eyes and was taller than Astolfo. His outfit consisted of a navy blue shirt with long sleeves, a pair of black cargo pants, brown boots and a pair of brown gloves. This young man was Roland, Astolfo’s cousin and a bit of a pervert.

Oh joy, I can smell the ANIMU HIJINKS from here…

“Roland!” Astolfo beamed, hugging the blonde tightly. “It’s been too long since I last saw you!”

“Yeah, it has been a while. Sorry about that.” Roland apologised, as he broke off the hug and entered the house along Astolfo. Almost immediately, he spotted Micaiah and Sothe and was awestruck at the sight of the former. “Woah, who is that cutie?”

“Oh, that’s Micaiah, and the guy sitting beside her is Sothe.” Astolfo introduced the duo to Roland, who waved politely at him in response.

“Nice to meet you two.” Roland greeted them, before taking something out of his bag. “So champ, ready to get decked by yours truly?” he challenged Astolfo to a duel.

Huh, I get to see actual duels in this story. That’s half a point I guess.

“I was waiting for this Roly!” Astolfo referred to his cousin via nickname, as the pinkette whipped out his own deck. “Time for me to teach you a lesson in duelling!”

The duo walked over to the dining room table, where they sat opposite of each other. Both Micaiah and Sothe shifted their gear and opted to watch the duel, since it could give them valuable insight into the world of Yu-Gi-Oh.

“Duel!” both contestants called out, placing their decks on the table and drew five cards.

I’m gonna be honest here, it’s been a long time since I dueled so my critiquing skills may be a bit off. So if I don’t see a misplay or something, then please let me know so I could edit the counter I have planned.

Astolfo: 4000

Roland: 4000

“I’ll go first! I set a monster and end my turn by setting a card facedown.” Astolfo declared, setting his cards. A fairly basic move, but it could prove to be dangerous to the unprepared, and the arrogant.

Basic and boring. You seriously couldn’t start with a Dark World Dealings or something?

“Too easy, I draw!” Roland initiated his turn. “I activate the spell card Foolish Burial, allowing me to send my Phantom Beast Cross-Wing to the Graveyard. Now I’ll summon Phantom Beast Wild-Horn in Attack Mode!” the blonde man summoned his powerful monster, as the muscular mooseman gained additional power due to Cross-Wing’s effect.

Phantom Beasts; an underwhelming beat down deck that barely qualifies as an archetype. How will the notoriously powerful Dark World deck deal with such a powerhouse?

ATK: (1700-2000)

“Now crush his face down Wild-Horn!” Roland cried out, with the beast-warrior charging at Astolfo’s monster, only to be surprised when it was revealed to be Renge, Gatekeeper of Dark World.

Roland: 4000-3900

“Teehee, how’d you like that?” Astolfo teased, annoying the brave knight.

I’m sure there’s that ONE Dark Wold player who thinks that setting Renge face down is a viable defense. I’m also sure that same player would main Zure as his ace card instead of the more useful Grapha.

“Hmpf, I set a card facedown and end my turn.” Roland replied. The young man was slightly concerned about what strategies Astolfo has hiding up his sleeves; after all, Dark World decks have remained quite powerful despite being a fairly old archetype.

“Now it’s my turn; time to crank that dial up a few notches!” Astolfo cried out, drawing his next card. “Wonderful, I activate the spell card, Dark World Dealings! A little gift from yours truly.” The pinkette smirked, as each player drew a card, before discarding it to the graveyard.

Oh, there’s the Dealings I was looking for.

“Now I activate the effect of Gren, Tactician of Dark World. Say bye-bye to your facedown card.”

“Not so fast! I activate my facedown card, Threatening Roar!” Roland retaliated, as Wild-Horn let out an almighty bellow, sending chills down Renge’s spine and preventing Astolfo from attacking.

“Beh, I don’t need to attack this turn.” Astolfo snorted, clearly upset by Roland’s clever trick. I set another monster facedown and end my turn.”

This duel is making me want to lie on my bed face down!

“Hehehe, I draw!” Roland announced the beginning of his turn. “I’ll tribute my Wild-Horn to summon Phantom Beast Rock-Lizard in Attack Mode!” The mooseman disappeared into a beam of light, as a hulking lizard emerged from the light and let out a frightening shriek, gaining power from Cross-Wing’s effect.

ATK (2200-2500)

“Hold up, don’t you need two tributes to summon a level seven monster?” Sothe interjected, taken aback by what he just saw.

“True, but Rock-Lizard’s effect makes summoning it a lot easier.” Roland replied, before turning to face Astolfo. “Now Rock-Lizard, destroy his facedown monster!” The hulking lizard barrelled towards Astolfo’s facedown monster, and effortlessly crushed it with it’s large fists, with the pinkette flinching as he took damage from Rock-Lizard’s effect.

Astolfo: 4000-3500

“Scarr’s effect activates, I get to add a Dark World monster from my deck to my hand!” Astolfo commented, retrieving a card from his deck.

“In that case, I’ll set two cards facedown and end my turn!” Roland replied, setting his cards.

“Alright then, I draw!” Astolfo called out, and grinned at what he saw. “Time for the head honcho of my deck to make an appearance, I summon Brron, Mad King of Dark World in Attack Mode!” The twisted ruler made an appearance on the battlefield, his arms chained up for some reason.

Bondage is pretty big back in Dark World.

“And what’s that guy gonna do against my Rock-Lizard, go on a long tangent about the duality of man?” Roland taunted. “Please, it’s time for stuffy monarchs like him to bite the dust!”

“M-Mad King…you mean like Ashnard?” Sothe commented, as disturbing memories of the former ruler of Daein returned to his mind.

His entire platoon was slaughtered by the Daein-cong. Now he serves one of Daein’s most famous citizens as her bodyguard/brother/lover. Funny how life works.

“I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about, after all he looks more goofy than menacing.” Micaiah attempted to ease her companion’s worries.

“Oh, he’s quite menacing alright.” Astolfo grinned, activating his facedown. “Especially when he has Metalmorph backing him up!”

ATK (1800-2100)

Metalmorph, a card that was bizarrely powerful back when it was first released in the TCG. Why have it in a Dark World deck when cards such as Compulsory Evacuation Device and Dark Core would be more useful?

“Now Brron, put that lizard out of it’s misery!” Astolfo grinned, as the Mad King broke free of his chains and drew his sword, his body glowing a metallic sheen as he gained a power boost and eviscerated Rock-Lizard.

ATK (2100-3350)

Roland: 3050

“Well look at that, another monster sent to the Dark World. I sure hope he sends me a postcard, kyeheheheheheheheh!” Brron cackled to himself while cleaning his sword, as everyone in the room was surprised to see his duel spirit.

*Sigh*…really? You’re giving Astolfo a Duel Spirit? Are you that creatively bankrupt Rider of Black?!

At least it’s not a waifu monster for the author to jizz over.

“Woah, a duel spirit?! Talk about a lucky break!” Roland exclaimed, while Micaiah and Sothe had confused looks on their faces.

“Oh yeah, he’s been hanging around me for a while. I’ll be sure to explain the deets to you all after this duel.” Astolfo replied offhandedly. “Anyway, since Brron dealt battle damage to you, I get to discard a card, and it looks like he’s getting some reinforcements.” The pinkette chimed, as he activated the effect of Beiige, Vanguard of Dark World, who bowed in the presence of his king. Beiige proceeded to charge at Roland and landed a direct attack on the blonde man.

Roland: 1450

“And with that, I end my turn!” Astolfo grinned, as he gained the upper hand. However Roland didn’t seem fazed at all. It was as if he was planning something that could turn the tide of this duel.

“Heh, I draw!” Roland called out. “I activate my facedown card, Call of the Haunted. Welcome back Rock-Lizard!” he beamed as the massive lizard returned from the grave and let out an almighty roar.

ATK (2200-2500)

“Oh now that’s just plain wrong, I already killed that thing!” Brron complained. “I guess it didn’t enjoy its vacation.”

Turns out that Rock-Lizard wasn’t into bondage. Tough luck, Brron.

“But that’s not all, I activate my other facedown, Horn of the Phantom Beast!” Roland added, as a pair of amber elk horns were attached to Rock-Lizard’s head.

ATK (2500-3300)

“Now Rock-Lizard, dethrone that Mad King once and for all!” the blonde man declared, as the mighty lizard charged directly at Brron and walloped him with a powerful punch.

“Oh nooooooooooooo!” Brron cried out, as he was flung back and was destroyed, with Astolfo taking a decent hit to his life points.

Astolfo: 2300

“Don’t forget about Rock-Lizard’s effect.” Roland grinned.

“Yeah, yeah. I know.” Astolfo replied, irritated that one of his key players got decked hard.

Astolfo: 1800

“I’ll end my turn.” Roland replied. “Now let’s see if you can make a comeback after that.”

You forgot to draw a card, as per Horn of the Phantom Beasts’ effect. Oh well, I can break the counter out now.

Dueling Dipshit: 1

Yeah, the name’s kinda cheesy.

“Alright then, let’s see what I draw this turn.” Astolfo said, as he drew his card and gazed at it, before coming up with a plan.

“From my hand, I activate Mystical Space Typhoon and destroy your Call of the Haunted.” Astolfo called out.

“N-no!” Roland gasped, as his Rock-Lizard was destroyed upon the destruction of Call of the Haunted.”

“It gets better from here, by tributing Renge and Beiige, I get to summon my most powerful monster. Please give a warm welcome to Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World!” Astolfo introduced his ace monster, with Grapha letting out a roar that was even louder than Rock-Lizard’s. “Now attack him directly Grapha!” The pinkette called out, as Grapha fired a large beam of dark energy at Roland that wiped out the rest of his life points.

Roland: 0

Winner: Astolfo

“And that’s game!” Astolfo grinned, with Roland sighing and scooping up his cards.

Whatever you say Jaden—I mean Astolfo.

Honestly, while my commentary was a bit lacking, the duel’s just as lacking. I’ll give the author credit in that he isn’t as incompetent as that Blue-Eyes obsessed dipshit who wrote that Equestria Girls Yugioh fic, but the duel still sucked. Astolfo made very little use of Dark World’s powerful discard engine, and Roland was solely focusing on beating down the opponent, which is what Phantom Beasts are meant to do so I’ll cut him a little slack.

“Damn, you got me good that time. But once I build a better deck, it’s going to be a different story cousin.” Roland promised.

“That was some excellent strategies you utilised Astolfo.” Micaiah praised the young man, clapping her hands together. “Now I really want to try my deck out.”

What was her deck again? Oh yeah, Spellbooks; only one of the more powerful decks from the Arc-V era, which gave us Spellbook of Judgment, one of the most overpowered spells in the game.

Can’t wait to see how the author fucks that up.

“Yeah, it looks rather fun if I say so myself.” Sothe added. “I might show it off to Ike and his gang if I get the chance.”

“I knew you were gonna say that…” Micaiah sighed, resting her head on her hands. “If you love Ike that much, why don’t you move in with him and father his children?”

A thing I should point out; in Radiant Dawn, Micaiah got tired of Sothe’s constant praising over Ike, the main protagonist from Path of Radiance and refers to him as the father of Ike’s children in a cutscene.

“I-I-it’s not like that Micaiah!” Sothe stammered, a blush appearing on his face with everybody else giggling in response. It was then that the doorbell rang a second time, with Astolfo making his way to see who it was. He opened the door and saw a pair of familiar faces, his best friend Chevalier, and his partner Blair. Chevalier had long flowing blonde hair, bright blue eyes and a petite frame. His outfit was a blue and white maid’s uniform that had white thigh-high socks and was topped off with a blue headband that had a lily on it. Blair was around a year or so younger than Chevalier and had long blue hair and bright red eyes. Her outfit consisted of a red jacket, yellow t-shirt, black shorts that were held up by a belt and a pair of white sneakers.

Oh, so Blair managed to find a lover after all and it’s another character from Fate, Chevalier D’eon to be precise. Don’t ask me why the author thought they would make the perfect pair.

“Oh hey Chevvie, our special guest has already arrived.” Astolfo beamed.

“Roland’s here?!” Chevalier exclaimed, as he bolted into the house, leaving Blair a little confused.

“I take it that they haven’t seen each other in a long time.” Blair deduced, with Astolfo nodding in confirmation as he gestured for her to step inside. The duo soon walked back to the dining room table, where they were greeted with the sight of Chevalier embracing Roland rather tightly.

“It’s been way too long Roly!” Chevalier said.

“Uh yeah, it has been a while.” Roland replied sheepishly, as the duo then broke it off. “H-Hey, who’s the cutie by your side Astolfo?”

“I’m Blair, and you’re looking at the next Tokyo Duel Monsters champion!” she introduced herself, pointing a finger up in the air.

Based on the cards you used in the anime, it’ll be a miracle if you manage to qualify.

“Looks like I got some competition then.” Roland smirked, crossing his arms.

“Oh really? Because from what I saw, Astolfo wiped the floor with you.” Micaiah retorted, with Roland stepping back a few feet in shock.

“Oh come on, not in front of my cousin!” Roland whined, with everyone else giggling in response. A few seconds later, Chevalier broke the ice with a news update.

“By the way, did you know that the Pokémon Fangame Rally is in a couple hours?” Chevalier reported.

No, I did not know that, nor do I care.

“R-Really?!” Astolfo exclaimed, before a big grin appeared on his face. “Alright, that’s what we’re gonna do today!”

“Pokémon fangames? What’s that about?” Sothe inquired, curious about what he heard.

“You don’t know about it?!” Roland replied, shocked at Sothe’s comment, with the latter shrugging his shoulders in response. “Let me explain; it started a few years ago when a group of people got together and developed a game known as Pokémon Reborn. Once it was released, it received near-universal reclaim. Additionally, it inspired several other developers to make their own games, which led to us getting Rejuvenation, Desolation, Uranium, Insurgence, Sage, Clover, Phoenix Rising, Solar-Light/Lunar-Dark, Full Moon, and many other amazing games.”

And the author listed off his favorite games/waifu hunting grounds. Doesn’t help that some of those games are hot ass.

“Pokemon Reborn…I’ve never been a fan of video games, but I know the rest of the Dawn Brigade can’t get enough of them, especially Reborn.” Micaiah inserted her two cents into the conversation.

“Hey, why didn’t anybody tell be about it?” Sothe whined.

“I figured Ike would’ve told you about them.” Micaiah retorted.

“Anyway, the Rally will be in Akihabara; I’ve been tasked with helping set up the rally by the head organiser, Ame.” Chevalier added, as Blair and him finished packing their bags. “Sorry about dashing out of here, but I gotta get their quick. See you later!”

Ame happens to be the regional professor in Reborn, but in this fic she's the head organizer/developer for the game. Don’t ask me what she’s doing making the game she’s a part of.

“No need to worry about that, we’re coming with you if that’s alright.” Astolfo replied, as he and the rest of them finished packing their stuff as well. They then proceeded to leave the house and hop into Chevalier’s SUV, with its owner putting the keys in the ignition and started the engine. As the car roared into life and Chevalier began driving, they each thought about what a great day it would be, unaware that something would go horribly wrong.

???

A series of monitors lit up the otherwise dark room; showing information regarding the Pokémon Fangame Rally. Three figures were analysing the information, and were discussing among themselves what to do with it.

Oh boy; vague, shadowy antagonists. My favorite…

“It seems that despite our best efforts, the fangames are still getting released. This isn’t how I hoped things would turn out.” The first figure commented, his voice soothing with a hint of conniving in it.

“Humans have always been easily led astray, and these fangames are proof of it.” The second figure chimed in, his voice deep and philosophical. “Any thoughts about it?” He inquired the third figure, whom chuckled softly in response.

“These games are but an obstacle to the path of salvation. It’s up to us to guide humanity on the right path by disposing of these games.” The third figure proclaimed, his voice being strikingly bewitching.

I’m sorry what? How the hell are fangames leading humanity on the wrong path?!

How’s that for an introduction chapter, did it get you hooked in? Tune in next time, for the Pokémon Fangame Rally and the debut of this fic’s villainous faction.

Well this fic hooked me in, but for all the wrong reasons. I wanna see just how badly this thing turns out in the later chapters.

What a way to get back into the game, am I right?

Dueling Dipshit: 1
Jesus man what is up with you and all of those waifus! Are you secretly the "Ultimate Pimp"?
A quote from Project AFTER
Gorillagram only gets sexual stimulation from playing Pokemon Reborn and its derivatives.
A quote from Andrew himself

Dashguy

Re: Yugioh: The Divine Conspiracy

Post by Dashguy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:58 am

A mishmash of characters from different franchises get to play Duel Monsters and fawn over a Pokémon fangame while a shadowy organization seeks to destroy said fangames. Is SovietRussiaMan back? Did one of his "acolytes" pick up his work? Because this reads exactly like his shit.

And, as you pointed out, what's the point of playing Dark World if you're not going to, you know, play them like Dark World?

Starting with five cards, play Terraforming to fetch The Gates of Dark World from your deck and activate it. Next, play Foolish Burial to send Grapha to the GY from the deck and follow with Dark World Dealings, discarding Broww, Huntsman of Dark World to draw one plus a second one thanks to Broww's effect. Your hand is now at three cards. Activate the effect of The Gates of Dark World banishing Broww in your GY and discarding Beiige, Vanguard of the Dark World to draw one card. Special summon Beiige. Return Beiige to the hand to call Grapha from the GY. Wham, you've got a monster with 3000 ATK and four cards in your hand, all in the first turn.
Last edited by Dashguy on Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GorillaGamer

Post by GorillaGamer » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:55 am

Dashguy wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:58 am
Is SovietRussiaMan back? Did one of his "acolytes" pick up his work? Because this reads exactly like his shit.
I had noticed that as well. After I made the initial post, I caught up with him on a chat he frequents, and asked if he was writing anything. He denied it, leading me to believe that either a former co-writer wrote this fic, or we're dealing with an entirely different crazy. Given the quality of fics that are present on Fanfiction.net, I'm inclined to lean towards the latter.
Jesus man what is up with you and all of those waifus! Are you secretly the "Ultimate Pimp"?
Gorillagram only gets sexual stimulation from playing Pokemon Reborn and its derivatives.

StabbyKobold

Post by StabbyKobold » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:50 pm

I must preface my comment by saying I know next to nothing about Fire Emblem and even less about Yugioh.

That said, it's not like the author managed to utilize either to any interesting effect. All I got from this chapter was that there is a bunch of people with a shared interest in card games and Pokémon fangames. The only reason I was even convinced there was a plot connected to all this, was due to the sudden shadowy cabal tagged on at the end. Speaking of which, we've got a trio of typography divided villains all speaking in what might as well be the same superficially described voice. And they're treating Pokémon fangames like Dungeons & Dragons during the satanic panic.

I'm intrigued at what angle this story is attempting to spin. Crazy is expected, but it might just be more.

GorillaGamer

Post by GorillaGamer » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:40 pm

StabbyKobold@ Oh you’ll get crazy in this chapter, more than you’d expect.

Well I’m back with the second chapter of this story and so far the story’s plodding along like a shroom-eating tortoise. The one thing I’ll give this installment is that we finally learn who the mysterious villains are, but it’s so out of left field that my lungs still haven’t recovered from all the laughing I did.

Hey there everyone, I’m back with the next instalment of Yu-Gi-Oh: The Divine Conspiracy. I’ve been coming up with a few ideas on what decks I should give the main protagonists; I’ve already got Astolfo and Micaiah covered, and I have a few ideas on what to give the others. I’ll have a think about it while I write up this chapter.

Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the characters in this fic. They’re the property of their respective creators.

Chapter 1: Divine Intervention

Akihabara: Pokémon Fangame Headquarters: 2 ½ hours before rally

The interior of the building was decorated in a vast variety of posters and banners advertising various fangames and related merchandise.

Of course they found it weird that there were advertisements for Sonic fangames, in a rally dedicated to Pokémon fangames.

All around the place there were workers cleaning up the place and generally making the place look neat and tidy.

“Wow, the place looks rather spiffy.” Astolfo pointed out, taking in all the appealing sights.

“If you think it looks good now, wait until it’s completed.” Chevalier added, as his eyes soon focused on the person in the center of the room, who was directing everyone on what to do. “There’s Ame, I gotta report to her.”

The group soon made their way to the one Chevalier referred to as Ame. Ame was a beautiful young lady, wearing a black and white sleeveless top and black jeans as well as a pair of black boots and a black scarf. She had gorgeous, shoulder length white hair and bright blue eyes. Roland was taken aback by her gracefulness.

“Woah…you looks amazing.” Roland complimented Ame, his eyes locking onto her.

I see that Roland’s a stand in for the author’s penis.

“Uh, thank you…” Ame replied, a little creeped out by Roland’s forwardness. Both Blair and Astolfo proceeded to drag Roland away, much to the latter’s chagrin.

“Sorry about that miss.” Chevalier apologised. “Roland’s been lonely for quite some time now, and he can get desperate at times.”

How fitting that he gets dragged away like Brock in the Pokémon anime; I wonder if this was how Roland actually acted in Fate/Stay night.

“It’s alright, after all I’ve dealt with worse.” Ame replied, before she noticed Micaiah and Sothe. “Is that the legendary Priestess of Dawn?!”

“Uh yeah, or at least I was a while ago.” Micaiah replied, flicking her hand through her hair. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Ame; I’m fairly interested in learning more about you and your games.”

“Same here!” Sothe quickly replied, bringing out a small notebook and a pen. “May I have your autograph?”

“I’m totally not going to sell it to Edward for an exorbitant price.”

“Sure.” Ame smiled, taking Sothe’s pen and notebook and writing her signature in it before returning the items to him. “Here you go.”

“Thank you Ame, I’ll always treasure this!” Sothe grinned, hugging the notebook tightly.

“Heheheh, I guess he finally found someone he admires over Ike.” Micaiah giggled lightly, as Blair, Astolfo and Roland returned after the latter had cooled down from his previous outburst.

Masturbation tends to let off some steam.

“Sorry we’re late, we had to teach Roland an important lesson, didn’t we?” Blair commented, before turning to stare at Roland and expected a response.

“Uh yeah, I learnt something important today.” Roland replied sheepishly, scratching the back of his head. “So what do you want us to do?”

“To be honest, there’s nothing we need help with right now. Why don’t I introduce you to the representatives?” Ame suggested.

“Representatives?” Astolfo inquired.

“We’ve flown in four representatives to help advertise the games. One from Reborn, one from Rejuvenation, one from Desolation, and another one to represent the rest of the games.” Ame explained, as she made her way to the back room, with the rest of the group following suite.

Translation: the author wanted to insert his waifus into the story as quickly as possible.

The back room was notably smaller, yet more professional looking than the main lobby room. There was a large mahogany wood desk at the opposite of the room, with a shelf behind it that housed several diplomas and trophies. There were four other occupants in this room, two men and two women, who were sitting near the sidewalls of the room.

The first woman was fairly tall and had short red hair that reached the bottom of her shoulders and matching red eyes. Her outfit consisted of a white sleeveless shirt that showed off her navel, a pair of red jeans with a metal belt attached to it, and a pair of grey shoes. She also had some sort of gauntlet on her left arm, made out of reinforced steel. This was Titania; the Steel type Gym Leader of Reborn and her regions representative.

Oh boy, Titania. Been ages since I last saw here in a fic.

The second woman was a very beautiful young lady with short blonde hair, with a red ribbon on the left side, as well as bright blue eyes. Her outfit consists of a black long-sleeved shirt, with a white undershirt, and a black skirt. She also has a black boots with thigh-high socks, and a red scarf. This was Melia, one of the Aevium regions greatest trainers and the representative for Rejuvenation.

She was also responsible for decreasing the value of shiny Pokémon by 1000%

The first man was handsome in a rather gruffly way. He had short black hair and striking red eyes. His outfit consisted of a black jacket that was made of fake fur, a black t-shirt and matching black pants. This was Shiv, a talented yet mysterious trainer from Ayrith who was the representative for Desolation.

Oh, this is new. Hi Shiv, had any encounters with sharp objects again?

The second man was a rather cute teenage man with short white hair and green eyes. His outfit consisted of a white t-shirt, a green jumper and brown trousers. The most notable aspect of his outfit was the red scarf that looked a lot like the red flower Shaymin has. This was Damien, a fairly shy kid who managed to impress Ame enough to be the representative of the independent games.

It’s kinda telling that Reborn and its sister games were able to bring in their own representative, yet the other games had to pool all their resources and were only able to bring in this kid.

“Ame, what’s with the groupies following you?” Titania inquired, pointing at Astolfo and his friends.

“Oh, they’re some of Chevalier’s friends.” Ame replied, before turning to face them. “Everyone, these are the representatives. From left to right; there’s Titania, Melia, Shiv and Damien.”

“Charmed.” Titania greeted somewhat bluntly.

“It’s nice to meet you.” Melia replied sweetly, causing Roland’s heart to flutter.

Methinks we found the authors favorite waifu of them all. Asides from Micaiah, that is.

“Heh, I’ve heard some interesting things about you Astolfo.” Shiv smirked, crossing his hands. “I’ll be looking forward to see where this goes.”

“Uh…h-h-h-hi…” Damian waved at them nervously.

“Nice to meet you all!” Astolfo grinned. “I gotta say you’re doing a really good job with the rally.”

“Considering the amount of time and money went into this shindig, I hope it looks good.” Titania commented, as she soon noticed Micaiah. “Hey, aren’t you that Priestess of Dawn Amy and her friends keeps going about?”

“I can’t say I’ve heard of your friend Amy, but I am the Priestess of Dawn, or at least I was.” Micaiah confirmed Titania’s suspicions.

“I mean, this is the first time I’ve stepped into your universe, but everyone’s already heard of me.”

“How can we be ignorant of you? You were the brains behind the Fire Emblem franchise.”

“Wow, I can’t believe I’m meeting Micaiah!” Melia gushed. “I can’t wait to tell my friends about this!”

“First Astolfo, and now Micaiah? Today’s turning out to be an excellent day.” Shiv smiled to himself.

“Ummmm, it’s nice to meet you Miss Micaiah.” Damien greeted nervously.

“It’s nice to meet you as well sweetie.” Micaiah replied politely, causing Damian to start blushing like crazy as Sothe walked up to him with his pen and notebook in tow.

Sothe about to shank a bitch for trying to woo his sister/lover.

“Hey there, can I get an autograph from you and your friends?” Sothe requested.

“S-s-s-sure.” Damian stuttered, as he took the pen and notebook and jotted down his autograph, before passing it on to the others who promptly signed it as well, with Titania handing it back to Sothe.

“Thank you all so much.” He smiled, hugging the notebook tightly.

“So how’s the speech going to go?” Blair inquired

“Well for one thing my speaking role isn’t that big, which is perfectly fine in my book.” Titania answered. “I know Ame’s got the majority of the speech, but I don’t know about the others, though I assume it’s roughly the same size as my part.”

“I see.” Blair replied. “So what got you all into making these fangames?”

“Money. Well we’d be rich if it weren’t for those damn copyright laws!”

“It’s simple really, we were playing around with several what-if scenarios, and our regional champions figured it would be a great idea if we made some games around these scenarios. A lot of these scenarios are rather off-kilter; take Rejuvenation for instance, that game had me attracting shiny Pokémon by the bucket load.” Melia explained. “The games can get a bit morbid at times, but they were intended for an older audience.”

“Oh Melia, just saying your name out loud sends shivers down my spine!” Roland kneeled before her. “I’d be honoured if we could hang out after the rally at—“he continued before Chevalier dragged him away once more.

“Sorry about that, it seems he’s a slow learner.” Chevalier apologised, glaring at Roland whom gulped nervously in response.

And the author’s an idiot who thinks repeating the same joke makes it twice as funny.

“It’s alright. I mean I’m honoured that I’ve got devoted fans, but some of them can get a bit creepy at times.” Melia chuckled, as a worker entered the room and walked up to Ame.

“Ma’am, the rally’s ready to go. The audience is being seated as we speak.” The worker reported.

“Thank you for the update.” Ame replied, before turning to the rest of the occupants. “Alright everyone, the show’s about to start! As for you Chevalier, I’ve reserved some front row seats for you and your friends.”

“Consider it a gift for not cutting yourself while reading the script.”

“Thank you Miss Ame. I’m sure the show will turn out well.” Chevalier thanked her, as everyone left the room and proceeded to head to their seats.

The room was filled to the brim with audience members, who were all eagerly awaiting the presentation. Astolfo turned around and saw several audience members cosplaying as their favorite characters, while holding up banners that featured drawings of the various characters. On the stage, the representatives were seated on their chairs as Ame made her way to the podium.

“Thank you all for coming here today.” Ame kicked off the speech. “As you all know, we’ve spent years developing our games, and have dealt with problem after problem. But today’s not that day! We’ve managed to gather enough sponsors to have our games receive official publication.

I’m curious as to who these oddly generous sponsors are as well as why they would fund these games to begin with.

These games will be getting an official release today, and we all couldn’t be happier, as these games were built with our blood, sweat and tears and it’s a refreshing feeling to see our hard work not go to waste!” The crowd applauded wildly in response to the beginning speech.

“WWWWWHHHHHOOOOOAAAAARRRRRHHHHH!!!!” A portion of the crowd clapped wildly.

“That’s our Ame!” A few more people cried out.

“Why don’t I start things off by having our representative from the game that started it all? Please give a warm welcome for Reborn’s representative, Titania!” Ame called out, as she handed the microphone to Titania with the latter being applauded like crazy.

Wouldn’t the Gameboy Advance ROMs like Light Platinum get a special mention, since they came out before Reborn? Oh wait, those games don’t have anyone the author jerks off to in them. My mistake.

“Ok, I’m not a big fan of speeches but I guess I’ll say my thoughts on it. Everyone, I have to say that I never expected our games to get this large a following. Originally they were passion projects that we made in order to experience a more challenging Pokémon game, but when you all played them, you enjoyed them thoroughly and wanted more. And when there were a few design errors in the game, you were quick to point them out which helped us to deal with them effortlessly. To this day, I will always be grateful that you helped spread the word about our game, giving it all the attention that it has.” Titania spoke into the microphone, with everyone applauding wildly as the redhead handed the microphone to Melia before sitting back down on her chair.

“What an inspiring speech.” Melia commented, before raising the microphone to her face. “When I was making Rejuvenation, my teammates and I were told that what we were doing was illegal and how we’ll get sued by Nintendo and Gamefreak.

They’re not wrong, and this rally would only alert them to what you’re doing. Enjoy your extensive lawsuits.

And while I appreciated their concerns, we still soldiered on and didn’t let adversity getting our way. And we were stacked against the odds; asides from the people decrying our actions as illegal, there were those who felt that the official games are perfect and there’s no need for fangames to be made. Then there were the ones that decried our games as ‘edgy’ and ‘tryhard’, simply because our games tackled more mature issues than the official games. And then there were the ones that cried about our games being ‘SJW propaganda’; I’d talk about them but that’ll be giving them more attention than they deserve. So to all those that told us we weren’t gonna make it; well here we are!” The crowd applauded wildly once more.

Translation: “Everyone who criticized our games are stupid and mean and their breath smells like poo.”

I think that’s as accurate as I’m gonna get.

“WOOOOOOO! Go Melia!” Roland called out, giving her a standing ovation. Melia bowed politely, before making her way to her chair and handing the microphone over to Shiv.

“Thank you for the reaction, now allow me to say a few words.” Shiv began his speech, clearing his throat. “I’ll admit that my crew and I got into the game later than the other big players, but that doesn’t mean we weren’t dedicated to it. When we were making Desolation, we wanted to make our game stand out from the crowd so we decided to take a few risks. The first one were the ranger quests that added some replayability to the game. The testers loved the idea; praising the humor and the challenge of the quests and offered additional ideas for quests. The second and the most notable risk was the relationship mechanic, where you can earn relationship points with various characters in the game, with storyline changes depending on your status with certain characters.

That’s an actual thing in the game, as I pointed out in that review I did a few months ago. Who would’ve thought that Pokémon would be the background to a harem dating simulator?

There were several romantic scenes that happened if you earnt enough points with the characters, enabling players to bond with the characters even further. This mechanic was ridiculously popular with the players; heck I remembered one of our testers jumping for joy when he managed to pair himself up with Scarlett.

Faceless tester has excellent taste I see. Faceless tester better get his greasy mitts off of Scarlett since she’s mine.

What I’m getting at here is that you shouldn’t be afraid to take risks as it can be very rewarding in the end.” Yet again, the crowd applauded wildly with a few people giving him a standing ovation. Shiv handed Damian the microphone, with the young boy gulping nervously. Ame decided to help out Damian and walk him to the podium, however the room grew dark all of a sudden.

“Wha—what’s happening?!” Ame called out, as the crowd began murmuring among themselves.

“I’m sorry to interrupt your little speech, but we’ve got a few things to talk about.” An alluring voice called out to the crowd. A few seconds later, the lights flickered on and everyone soon noticed the three newcomers on the stage, surprised Ame and the representatives.

Seems to me they’ve taken a page out of Kanye West’s book on how to interrupt speeches.

The figure on the right was what looked like a tall statue of a rotund man wearing a pink dress, who was clasping his hands in prayer. The figure on the left was a tall man wearing gold and purple armor and was adorned with a blue cape. He wielded a rather imposing spear and had a four-eyed crow resting on his left hand. The most notable feature was the purple flame coming out of his left eye socket, as if it were an eyepatch. The final figure in the center was a strikingly attractive man of Indian heritage, who had short teal-green hair. His outfit consisted of a red, button-up long-sleeve shirt with a green dinner jacket over it, as well as tan colored shorts and matching colored boots. He also wore a green fedora that had a peacock feather attacked to it, and held an ornate flute in his right hand.

“Allow me to introduce ourselves; my name’s Krishna and the lovely gentlemen beside me are Odin and Maitreya. Together we form the Divine Powers.” The figure in the center introduced himself and his compatriots.

You know, I was honestly expecting the author to have Team Meteor of some other villainous faction from the fangames to play the role as this fics villains. Maybe the author would’ve thrown in a few antagonistic Servants from Fate since Astolfo is a major character in the story. Or even a few representatives from Nintendo and Gamefreak who heard about the rally and want to sue Ame and co. for copyright infringement.

What I didn’t expect was for the Divine Powers from Shin Megami Tensai IV: Apocalypse to storm the stage like they’re the fucking Spanish Inquisition and take a stand as the villains of this fic. I have so many questions in my head right now, but I’ll bring up the most pressing of them all. Why would a faction of omniscient deities get worked up over video games?

“W-w-w-w-what do you want with us?” Damian asked, visibly frightened by the newcomers.

“We seek to guide humanity on the path to salvation, eliminating any obstacles in our way.” Odin answered, his crow squawking harshly at the teenage man. “These games you made are one such obstacle.”

“But how are these games opposing your goals?!” Ame called out. “We’ve done nothing to upset you lot.”

”The fangames go against our ideas for a new universe, and encourage humanity to cling onto them, denying them the chance to attain true salvation.” Maitreya answered. “These games are a complete mockery and need to be eliminated.”

Because Pokémon games with edgy stories is the one thing preventing you from creating a new universe and lording over it.

“Look, I don’t know what we did to offend you, but we’re sorry.” Melia apologised, only for Krishna to raise his hand at her in response.

“Offended us? You got it all wrong.” Krishna chuckled lightly. “We find nothing in the games that offended us personally. However, the characters in the game are often praised as messiahs, and have won the hearts of its target audience.”

Messiahs? Please point me to the review of Reborn where the player character was referred to as a messiah.

“False messiahs often lead the masses on the wrong path; leading them into eternal damnation and making them forgot the old gods.” Odin continued, before proceeding to pint his spear, Gungnir, at Melia. “You of all people should know about the false messiahs.”

“Me?!?!” Melia exclaimed, taking a few steps back. “How am I a false messiah?”

“You took the spotlight at several critical points in your game, managed to get everyone to sing your praises, and even got the masses to buy pillows with sexualised images of you.” Maitreya explained. “Such sinful behavior prevents humanity from attaining enlightenment.”

I know the author is desperately looking for a dakimakura with Melia on it, but would it kill him to have his deity strawmen act logically?

“What a load of shit! Do you three seriously believe what you’re saying?!” Titania retorted, standing up straight and not backing down and inch. “Next you’ll be telling us that Hyperdimension Neptunia is preventing us from attaining salvation.”

A franchise that revolves around humanised depictions of video game consoles? Playing that shit would automatically brand you as an Unclean One.

“Why thank you for informing us about another obstacle in our path.” Krishna thanked the redhead, whom scowled in response.

“You three have gone on in circles about this salvation, and how our games are opposing your plans. Can you three get to the damn point already?!” Shiv demanded, irritated by the interruption.

Hey, Shiv raised a fair point. Good on you mate!

“Silence! You have no right to order us around, especially given the magnitude of your impudence.” Odin barked at the young man.

“Your response tells me that you have nothing to back your claims then.” Shiv replied smugly, crossing his arms.

“Nothing to back our claims up?” Odin replied, before glancing at the audience members for a moment, and turning to face Shiv again. “The amount of followers you have here is proof enough that your games are a danger to humanity.”

“That’s enough! How dare you barge in here and spit on the end result of their years of hard work.” Astolfo snapped at the deities, standing up on his chair. “You must be the losers Melia briefly mentioned at the end of her speech!”

Because I can totally see Krishna and co. working at Nintendo to stamp out the fangames.

“Yeah, I’d like to see you do better than them!” Blair joined in. “I bet you lot don’t even know how to play Pac-Man!”

“I expected better from a trio who prides themselves on being powerful deities.” Micaiah added.

“You will all pay for ruining Melia’s big day!” Roland growled at them, drawing his sword and pointing the tip at them.

“Well isn’t that cute, the followers are scrambling to defend their cult.” Maitreya chuckled. “None of you are even a remote match to the Divine Powers, so I’d recommend that you back down now.”

“Ha! For a group labelling themselves as the “Divine Powers” you’re grossly outnumbered.” Titania pointed out. “It must be a really special organisation if its member list consists of nobody but Fatso, One-Eye, and Flute Boy.”

Woah there Titania! Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

The audience started laughing at Titania’s last comment; Maitreya was flabbergasted at Titania’s comment while Odin was incredibly livid, and was ready to strike her down. However Krishna wasn’t fazed in the slightest, instead he chuckled at her.

“Do you really think we’re the entirety of the Divine Powers? Allow me to show you the error of your ways.” He replied, before proceeding to play a few notes with his flute. The tune was quite enchanting and managed to soothe the rage of everybody in the room, however a portal soon appeared in the back of the room. From the portal, a large army of angels, demons, gods and humans who all supported the Divine Powers emerged from it and stared at the audience members, waiting for them to make a move.

How nice of the enemy army to show up on cue without a single person noticing their presence.

“Oh my, that’s one heck of an army.” Chevalier commented. “I think I might sit this one out…”

“What in the goddamn, that army makes the Begnion Army look like a disorganised militia!” Sothe exclaimed in shock. “What are we gonna do Micaiah?!”

“We have no option but to stay put and hope they don’t massacre the innocent civilians.” Micaiah told Sothe, an uneasy look on her face.

“Oh Micaiah, did the suffering caused by the Begnion Occupational Army cloud your judgement? Fear not, for I am a merciful god. I won’t harm a single hair on the civilians.” Krishna told her, before turning to the crowd. “Everyone, it is not too late to save your souls. Those of you who wish to seek salvation can make a pilgrimage to our headquarters in Tsukiji Konganji.”

“We’ve got plenty of Shin Megami fangames for you to enjoy; I’m sure the writing would hook you in.”

“T-Tsukiji Konganji?” Ame inquired.

“Correct. The massive temple in Tsukiji Konganji is the main headquarters of the Divine Powers. Don’t even think about infiltrating it; our guards would smite you in an instant.” Odin replied.

“We’ve already reached out to several former gods who have been betrayed and humiliated by the Creator God, and we expect more to join our ranks soon.” Maitreya added.

“That concludes our speech for today everyone. I hope to see you all at the entrance hall in Tsukiji Konganji, as it’s where the new recruits get initiated.” Krishna farewelled the crowd, before turning to face Damian. “Especially you, young Damian. I sense great potential within your soul.”

Calling it here; Damian is going to be his Godslayer. That scarf of his must be the source of his power.

“Uuhhh…” Damian replied nervously, as the room was blanketed in darkness momentarily. When the light came back, everyone noticed that the Divine Powers and their massive army had disappeared.

“Well, if you're wondering what's happened, so am I.” Ame broke the ice.

“The whole thing’s been ruined, thanks to those clowns.” Titania commented bitterly. “There’s no way I’m letting them prevent us from releasing our games.”

Well when your opponents consist of a faction of angry deities, maybe it’s best you take their advice to heart.

“And you won’t have to worry about it; I will help you!” Astolfo declared, with his friends showing their support as well.

“Look kid, we really appreciate the offer, but you aren’t involved in this.” Titania replied. “The last thing I want to happen is other people getting killed over things that don’t involve them.”

“True, we had no role in the creation of your fangames. But I won’t stand idly by while innocent people are getting terrorised.” Micaiah declared.

I’m sure the crowd were so terrorised, they disappeared from existence.

“Heh, I wouldn’t say no to some reinforcements, especially if Micaiah’s leading the charge.” Shiv commented.

“It’ll be a real honor to fight alongside you all.” Melia smiled.

“And it’ll be a real honor for me to fight by your side!” Roland cried out, kneeling before her. “I’ll gladly give up my life for you, Melia.”

“That’s nice and all, but keep it in your pants mister.” Blair reminded the blonde, as Chevalier and her dragged Roland away, to his chagrin.

That joke was so funny it was worth putting it in three times. Oh wait, it wasn’t funny at all!

“Well since you’re gonna be fighting with us, how about we discuss the situation in the Pokémon Fangame Headquarters? It’s only half a mile from here.” Ame informed the group. Astolfo and his gang agreed to the proposition and proceeded to stay behind and follow them once the rally was over.

Tsukiji Konganji: Main Shrine room.

The shrine room lived up to what you’d expect from a massive temple; it was lavishly decorated in precious metals and jewels and had several large statues of various deities for the followers of the Divine Powers to pray to. The three heads of the organisation soon materialised in the room to discuss the events of the day.

“Well I’d say today went adequately I suppose, though that depends on whether the followers of that cult seek salvation or not.” Maitreya commented.

“I’d expected them to defend their blasphemous games, but they disappointed me.” Odin added. “That woman though; she had the audacity to insult us when she knows we could obliterate her in an instant.”

If that was all it took to upset you Odin, then I have bad news for you…

“I wouldn’t concern myself over her, or any of them in general.” Krishna mused. “Not only do we have our secret weapon, but I’ve received news that some of their friends wish to betray them. I’m very interested to see how this will turn out...”

And that’s it for this chapter, and boy was it a thrill. As for why I made the Divine Powers the main antagonists of the fic, I figured it would be slightly amusing to see them attempt to destroy the fangames so that humanity can attain salvation.

That has to be the weakest justification I’ve seen for a characters sudden appearence; destroying fangames to have humanity attain salvation, what the fuck is that shit?! You may as well make them allegories for the Jack Thompson-esque, since it’ll be less of a disservice to their characters!

What started out as a Yugioh/Pokemon fangame crossover with characters from Fire Emblem and Fate/Stay night ends up dabbling into Shin Megami territory, simple because Rider of Black thought it would be hilarious to read about angry deities trying to destroy fangames. Who knows how the later chapters would play out.