Harry Potter : Potter Verse REDUX

Anything goes...
StabbyKobold

Re: Harry Potter : Potter Verse REDUX

Post by StabbyKobold » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:35 am

And we're back in the game.

------------------------

Pressing yes with conviction, Harry turned towards Bloodfist, "I intend to be the richest of them all Bloodfist. Good day, may your gold flow and your enemies bleed," answering he rose from his chair with a calm smile, shocking the manager with his knowledge of their tongue. He thanked his mother for providing books on basic cultural references.

Here’s a cultural reference for you in my tongue. Fuck you! It’s a compliment, trust me.

Finishing his meeting with his account manager, Harry went to his next order of business. The Diagon alley is connected to many other alleys like Knockturn Alley. One of them is Horizon alley which held the building that was Harry's destination. Horizon alley housed many law firms and other related industries and firms, even a library-related wholly to the field of laws and regulations.

'Wizards and their weird sense of puns' Harry thought as he walked through the alley to reach the building, which held the signboard 'Magical Law Inc' in golden red on a red background. The signboard had a feminine touch, same as its workers whom he had heard about.

Heard about from whom and when? Because it sure sounds like the author pulled it all out of his ass just now.

Harry wanted to have a personal lawyer as he got the idea from his father's book. The law firm mentioned in it was long gone, destroyed in the war. Harry had a suspicion it was related to how others stole his family businesses. So he had researched a bit, ask around some shoppers and even his account manager once.

The result was him standing here now, even though 'Magical Law Inc' is a new law firm, it has enough trust value compared to others. The only reason it was not as successful as others were because of pureblood supremacists and their henchmen. This is because the lawyer, Ms. Satellizer L. Bridget, a 20-year-old Hogwarts Alumna, is at odds with her current head of house Charles L. Bridget, who is also her older brother. For some reason, he can't cast her out of the family nor can he control her. Everyone who knows this stays away from the firm fearing repercussion from the Bridget family head and its allies.

I think you’re overestimating my ability to care, author. What I’m reading here, is that you’ve made a female OC whose sole purpose will be to have Harry benefit from them, and he’ll have exclusive access to her – AGAIN!

Everyone except some half-blood and muggleborn magicals and now he himself, if she accepts his proposal that is. Taking a breath to calm himself and to bring up his occlumency to order his mind Harry entered the building.

During his exploration of occlumency, Harry had come to the realization that Gamer's mind was indeed a form of occlumency, only it helped in suppressing emotions and possibly shield his mind. It didn't create a mindscape or help in ordering his mind. So he decided to continue with his occlumency training.

Can the author stop fellating Harry’s powers at every opportunity?

Inside, Harry was greeted by the assistant with a warm smile, but Harry could see the curiosity and mild disbelief in her eyes. "Welcome to Magical Law Inc. How may I help you?" the assistant asked.

"Hello, I am Archer Debonair, I had booked an appointment with Ms. Bridget today. If you could let her know that I am here, that would be most helpful," Harry said quoting the pen name he created for anonymity.

"Very well, why don't you take a seat and I will be right back after checking it with my boss," the assistant said as she turned to climb the stairs to the side, which Harry thought was where the office was. Harry quickly used Observe on the assistant.

Will he ever not? I’m just asking, is no one’s personal life exempt from Harry snooping with his elevator looks?

Levi McGarden - Personal Assistant - Lvl 18

HP : 700/700

MP : 650/650

STR : 14

VIT : 18

DEX : 15

END : 10

INT : 26

WIS : 20

CHR : 18

LUC : 8

KAR : 2

Levi McGarden is a 19-year-old witch, who is a recent graduate and best friend of Satellizer L. Bridget. She is a half-blood and the only living member of McGarden family. She considers Satellizer as her sister and loves her more than a sister should.

She thinks Harry is playing a joke.

The author must be playing one too, by introducing a level eighteen character who is nineteen years old. I guess the birthday level ups are only for protagonists.

Harry wasn't upset about what she thought about him, Who wouldn't when a 12-year-old comes to see a lawyer? So he waited until Levi came back, taking a closer look at the building. It was a moderate building, probably one that they furnished themselves by the feminine touch he could see all around him. The entrance had a welcoming feel to it and Harry felt at ease sitting there.

Author, can you at least convince me you know what a “feminine touch” looks like, let alone how one feels?

Levi came back with a startled smile on her face, "You can go in now, she is waiting for you"

Nodding thanks, Harry went up into the office. Entering the office, Harry was greeted by the regal looking young lady, Ms. Satellizer L. Bridget. She wore a red satin shirt with black business skirt along with black stocking, both of which hugged her curves perfectly, her blonde hair done up in a bun and black sleek glasses, completed the picture of being a serious woman who meant business.

Which is totally why the author put focus on how her clothes fit like latex.

"I didn't expect a 12-year-old to require the assistance of a solicitor if it is for yourself that you are here for that is," she said.

"Others won't expect a 20-year-old pureblood witch to start up a law firm as well," Harry retorted.

I don’t even know why anyone would, if you can save on attorney fees by declaring a Bloodfeud and kill whoever you don’t like.

"Fair enough, I am Satellizer L. Bridget and how may Magical Law Inc be of service to you?" Satellizer said with a touch of respect.

"Before we go to that, first can you clarify something. Whatever I say now will be under client oath is it not?"

"Yes, that is correct. Unless what you say is non-incriminating, I will be under oath to keep your secrets."

I don’t think client confidentially exists before you’re actually a client. This isn’t a confessional.

"Well then let me introduce, or shall I say re-introduce myself first. I am Harry James Potter" Harry said with a small smile as he took down his cap which he donned when he left the bank.

It took a moment for Satellizer to get her wit back, "Well now this is interesting. What does the Boy-Who-Lived want the help of a law firm for?"

"Oh I assure you, I need the help both as the Boy-Who-Lived as well as the last living member of the Ancient and Most Noble House of Potter"

"Please, enlighten me"

Yes, please give us a reason for being here. Preferably one that doesn’t involve Harry fixing more problems that doesn’t exist.

"I need your help as the lawyer of Boy-Who-Lived for covering all the legal things that come up as part of being a celebrity, like the usage of my name without my consent in books and the like. And as for the last of Potter member, I need you as my personal solicitor" Harry said with confidence.

"You are giving me a big proposal, why didn't you choose any other firms?"

"I would have picked the law firm my family used to deal with, but sadly Wilksher & Co was destroyed in a raid during the last war. As for picking you, you are a pureblood witch which means you know the laws and regulations and other customs yet you are at odds with your brother who supports the Death eater sympathizers. You have the reputation of being trustworthy and being very good at what you do even from the goblins. The question is why wouldn't I?" Harry finished with a coy smile on his lips.

“Plus the author made you a young, hot woman in tight clothes, so there.”

"This used to be the building were Wilksher & Co worked. I bought it after it was left alone."

"Oh, I didn't know that. Anyway, what do you say, do you accept?" Harry asked firmly.

"It's an opportunity I can't pass up and you do qualify as my client type. Let me draw a basic contract and we can modify it after going through it together," Satellizer said as she took some parchment and quill and started scribbling down the basic contract. During this, Harry used Observe on her.

Oh, I bet he did. I bet he did it a lot.

Satellizer L. Bridget - Solicitor - Lvl 35

HP : 3500/3500

MP : 1500/1500

STR : 18

VIT : 24

DEX : 14

END : 17

INT : 35

WIS : 24

CHR : 18

LUC : 10

KAR : 7

Satellizer is the youngest of the three children of the Ancient House of Bridget. She has a brother and a sister and is at odds with both of them. She started hating them when her brother tried to rape her with the help of their elder sister. Ever since then she lives away from her family. Her father's last will stipulation forbids her siblings from directly causing harm to her or lose their status as members of the family.

And just like that, what little intrigue and mystery that surrounded the author’s OC is gone. Spoiler vision strikes again.

Satellizer respects Harry and thinks he will make a fine man some day.

Harry ignored the info about the rape for now as he was only a client and couldn't get personal with her. Maybe in time.

Maybe when a blue window pops up and promises him a reward for exploiting this deeply personal and private information.

She quickly drew up a contract, which was further expanded and modified. In the end, the contract signed gave 200 galleons a month to the firm and court fees according to the cases if any arise. In return, the firm will deal with all legal matters regarding Harry. Both will keep the secrets of other and can disperse the contract if they no longer want to work with each other on the grounds that information and secrets will be kept safe no matter what.

"First let me tell you all you need to know about me so far," Harry said after they both signed the contract. With his Harry explained his current status and his long-term plans for which he needed her to look into the Potter businesses that he lost. Harry also wanted Satellizer to look into who wrote the Harry Potter books and used his name without permission.

Harry Potter and the Name Exploitation Lawsuits!

"I need you to find someone from the Wizarding side who is good at investigation. They have to be good at following a paper trail yet savvy enough not to get caught doing it. Oh and make sure they can defend themselves should something arise. I don't need some poor sod's death on my conscience," Harry said with a bit of a grimace at the last part. "Once you find someone who fits the bill and can be trusted send them to my Account Manager at Gringotts, Bloodfist, to get a list of the properties that were lost. I want the name of the one responsible for betraying my family."

"Just signed and already a pile of work. It seems there won't be much free time now." Satellizer said letting out a breath at the jobs Harry had given to her, " How do I contact you?"

"Let's contact face to face in Christmas, when I can leave Hogwarts and during summer, where I will come to meet you. If it's an emergency then send an owl but I would prefer not to as I already told you about the Headmaster and other suspicious persons around me," Harry replied.

Care to inform the rest of us about those?

"Yes, I can see that it could be a problem. Well, let me find another way for communication. For now, the meetings on Christmas and summer will do. I will probably have a report on the book case by then. The rest will take time."

"I understand and that's fine with me. Well, until Christmas then" Harry rose and kissed lightly on her hand according to the pureblood customs, making her blush slightly.

The twelve-year-old is embarrassing her by playing suave, of course she’s blushing.

"Until Christmas then," She nodded back.

Harry returned back content knowing he did as much as he could towards setting his future. And now Hogwarts awaits.

Sep 1

Harry flooed to platform nine and three quarters on King's Cross station from his manor. He learned about this method of getting there from his father's book.

I should make an inconvenience removal count by the end of this mess.

Reaching there, Harry realized he was an hour early for the ride. There he saw the Hogwarts Express in all its red and gold glory. His first impression was it was over the top, but if he had to venture a guess, it was intended to impress the new generation of magicals and give a statement.

Who needs a train driver when the train is driven by agenda?

Deciding to take a look around, he went to the non-magical side of the station. Harry stood dumbstruck at the sheer size and activity of the station. After a little bit of walking around, he went back to the train to get a compartment and to avoid any commotion due to his status.

Most of the compartments were empty, as was to be expected since it was still early. Choosing a compartment, Harry brought his school trunk out of his inventory to avoid any suspicion. Harry was already dressed in robes to avoid the rush of doing it when the school was reached.

All that time he saved by doing that will be spent on not being inconvenienced.

He had put most of the books from his parent's trunk into his inventory. From his collection, he chose a Runes book to pass the time until the train reached Hogwarts.

His mother's notes had said that runes had many uses, mainly in warding structures and rituals. During his time in his mansion, which was unplottable and so away from any ministry monitoring, Harry was able to practice his wand magic. He mainly concentrated on wards and other practical spells that are not taught in the first year curriculum, partially because it would give him an advantage and partially because he didn't want to be bored during class. He had thoroughly learned his basics on wand magics so as to get maximum and easy results. With his knowledge, Harry put a small intent based ward on his compartment to repel all those who looked for the Boy-Who-Lived.

I can totally see how Harry needed to “catch up” to his peers.

Getting himself comfortable, Harry tried to read, however, his attention kept slipping towards the families on the platform. Watching them he couldn't help but wonder what it would have been like with his own family. Soon the train got filled with students both new and old.

Whoa, Harry almost had a moment of self-reflection that could have resulted in genuine emotion – better move on immediately.

Some time passed before there was a knock on the door, followed by the door being opened by two girls who appeared to be of Indian descent. The first girl asked, "Do you mind if we join you?"

Owing to the fact that he would be spending time with them for the next seven years and that they were beautiful, he wanted to make a good first impression. Especially when it meant more positive rumors than dealing with negative rumors.

Author, please just stop. We know perfectly well why you are forcing these girls into Harry’s compartment, and that’s your prerogative as a writer. But the only reason Harry needs is that he wants friends. Stop overselling Harry’s reasons for tolerating female company, as if this as a strategic social move!

"Please do," Harry said with a pleasant smile, while he gestured to the seats. He made the effort to help them with their trunks using a simple levitation charm he learned saying, "Harry James Potter, Heir to the Ancient and Most Noble House of Potter ." Both Harry and Bloodfist has decided to keep his Lordship status under wraps for now. He placed a light kiss on the hand of each girl.

“M’witches.”

Stepping out of their stupor at meeting the Boy-Who-Lived, the first girl responded by saying her name "Parvati Patil," before gesturing to her sister behind her "this is my sister Padma," who gave a small smile in greeting. The trio quickly slipped into conversation, during which Harry learned that their family originated from India, but their father had come over to Britain to look after the family trade interests on his own father's behalf, as well as acting in the role of unofficial ambassador. Throughout the conversation, it became apparent that Parvati was the talkative one while Padma answered questions in more detail.

They were shortly joined by another, a blonde girl named Lavender Brown, who received the same courtesy from Harry which made her blush and squeal, to her own and Harry's embarrassment. It seems they met at a Beltane festival two years back. Harry quickly realized that Lavender was a gossip queen no questions there. She was a bit silly for Harry's taste, but he could see the advantage of having the gossip queen as a friend so he remained friendly towards her.

Author, if you have any friends, I feel sorry for them.

Soon there was a lull in the conversation which Harry took advantage of by reading his book. Padma also seems to have the same idea. During their conversation, the train had already departed the station. While reading, Harry cast Observe on his three fellow passengers;

Parvati Patil - Hogwarts I year Student - Lvl 9

HP : 450/450

MP : 300/300

STR : 12

VIT : 14

DEX : 12

INT : 17

WIS : 10

CHR : 14

LUC : 5

KAR : 0

Parvati Patil is a pureblood witch and the youngest of the twins of the Ancient House of Patil, from India. She gives more importance to looks, romance novels and all things fluffy. Lavender Brown is her best friend.

Parvati is smitten with Harry.

Why, thank you, spoiler vision. I was totally wondering if the author’s contrived efforts of boxing three girls into the same room as Harry had paid off.

Padma Patil - Hogwarts I year Student - Lvl 10

HP : 480/480

MP : 320/320

INT : 20

WIS : 12

CHR : 12

Padma Patil is a pureblood witch and the eldest of the twins of the Ancient House of Patil, from India. She gives more importance to books, knowledge and all things that have meaning.

Padma is smitten with Harry.

He’s two for three. Can he do it, ladies and gentlemen? Can Harry woo all of these girls with his mere presence and hand kissing prowess?

Lavender Brown - Hogwarts I year Student - Lvl 9

HP : 420/420

MP : 300/300

INT : 16

CHR : 14

Lavender Brown is a pureblood witch of the Noble House of Brown. She gives more importance to looks, romance novels and all things fluffy. Parvati Patil is her best friend.

Lavender is smitten with Harry.

Harry was surprised that all three girls were smitten by him.

It’s cute how the author is trying to project an emotion onto his reader that he can’t even feign.

All too soon, the Hogwarts express reached the Hogsmeade station. The train slowed down as a voice echoed through the train, "We will be reaching Hogwarts in five minutes. Please leave your luggage on the train. It will be taken to the school separately."

When Harry got out of the train, he heard a booming voice, "Firs' years, Firs' years over here!" walking in the direction of the voice, he came to the sight of the largest man he had ever seen. The person that stood before him was indeed a giant of a man.

I hope Hagrid doesn’t give enough xp for Harry to consider whether a half-giant counts as a monster or not.

Harry used Observe on him;

Rubeus Hagrid - Groundskeeper - Lvl 41

HP : 20,000/20,000

MP : 1500/1500

STR : 137

VIT : 150

DEX : 22

END : 142

INT : 18

CHR : 20

KAR : 10

Rubeus Hagrid is a half-giant, with a giantess as the mother, don't ask. Hagrid is a free soul who is very kind and gentle. He loves his animals, which are usually monsters ranging from three-headed dogs to dragons. Hagrid possesses the giant's blood ability. Hagrid was suspended from Hogwarts in his third year without any proof of the accusations towards him. Dumbledore provided him the job he now has. He is an avid Dumbledore supporter.

Hagrid adores Harry and sees him as the next Albus Dumbledore.

That might change when he sees what Harry’s boots are made out of.

Harry was shocked at the status first until he read the info containing the half-giant part. Hagrid seemed to beam at him and continued to call as Harry smiled back, "C'mon follow me. Anymore Firs' years? Mind yer step now. Firs' years follow me"

He took them to a lake through a winding slippery path through the forest. They followed him through the darkness, along the path and reached small boats on the lakeside. "No more'n four to a boat" Hagrid called out to them pointing to the fleet of boats on the shore.

Harry helped the girls get on the boat, as he needed to keep up the impression and curry more favor and positive response from them.

He can’t just be nice, no, every action he takes is explicitly for his own benefit – what the fuck is this character?!

"Everyone in?"Hagrid shouted, who had a whole boat to himself, "Right then -FORWARD"

The fleet of boats all moved at once, gliding across the smooth lake surface. They soon came upon the mesmerizing view of the Hogwarts castle. It glinted before the moonlight, giving it a fairytale castle effect. Harry could feel the living breathing magic that flowed through the castle, almost seeming alive, seeming to welcome the new students. Harry very much felt at home here.

Ridiculous size, too many bedrooms, Quidditch pitch, greenhouse, kitchen staff; no shit he feels at home, it’s barely any different from his mansion.

Everyone was silent as they marveled at the beauty before them. It towered over them as they sailed nearer and nearer to the cliff on which it stood.

"Heads down" Hagrid yelled as they neared the cliff. They all bent their heads as they were carried through an opening in the vines on the cliff surface. They were guided through a dark tunnel, which seemed to be right under the castle, to reach an underground harbor where they all clambered out onto to the shore.

They followed Hagrid up a passageway in the cavern, coming out onto smooth grass under the shadow of the castle. They all climbed up a flight of stone steps and crowded around a large oak door.

"Everyone here? Good!" Hagrid said as he knocked on the door three times.

Unless they do a head count, what is there to say that a few first years didn’t fall out of their boats and drown? Just asking.

The doors swung open, and they were greeted by Professor McGonagall with a stern expression. She led them into an empty chamber in front of the Great Hall and explained that houses acted like family and there are four houses and each of them will be sorted into a house.

He heard a boy from across the mass of students say that his older brothers had told him that they would have to fight a troll, and heard the heir of Malfoy family mocking the boy. Luckily before things escalated Prof. McGonagall came back and led them into the Great Hall.

Ah, so Harry’s original friends haven’t just gone up in smoke. Whether they’ll be bashing targets or background noise, I don’t know yet, but it’s not like I have any hope that the author won’t abuse them like the rest of the canon.

During this time however Harry only had mild concentration as he was checking out the new quest alert he got;

A quest has been created.

Quest Alert!

Hogwarts Student : Get Sorted!

Get sorted into a house

Rewards,

500xp

?

Failure,

You will not be able to attend Hogwarts

YES - NO

All he has to do is keep quiet and follow instructions. The quest literally demands more effort from him to fail than to complete! What is even the point?!

Harry accepted it as he moved along with his fellow students into the great hall. They entered in pairs and followed in line behind the professor. Harry was with Padma ahead of Parvati and Lavender, a bushy-haired girl and a small Asian girl were in front of them. He heard the bushy-haired girl say that she read about the Great Hall and the enchanted ceiling in 'Hogwarts : A History'.

Harry had read it too, but the books didn't do the Great Hall justice. The Great Hall was lit up by thousands of candles which were floating in midair over four long tables, where the rest of the students were sitting. These tables were laid with glittering golden plates and goblets.

I’m so happy the school budget went to the silverware instead of, uh, anything else.

At the top of the Hall was another long table where the teachers were sitting. Prof. McGonagall led the first years up there so that they came to a halt in a line facing the teachers.

All four tables were looking at them, hundreds of faces staring at them, watching them. Dotted here and there among the students were the ghosts. Harry looked upwards to study the famous Enchanted ceiling of Hogwarts' Great Hall. It was very beautiful like you were looking at the real sky. Harry was not the only one who looked up at the ceiling.

Don’t mistake my eye rolling for the same.

Prof. McGonagall silently placed a four-legged stool in front of the first years along with a pointed wizard's hat which was patched and frayed and extremely dirty.

When everyone was silent, to Harry's and other first years surprise, a mouth formed on the hat as it began to sing;

'Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,

But don't judge on what you see.

I'll eat myself if you can find

A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,

Your top hat sleek and tall.

An ugly one will definitely,

Keep your identity from all

For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat,

And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head

That the sorting hat can't see,

So try me on and I'll tell you

Where you ought to be.

Judge, jury, and executioner; this hat is mad with power!

You might belong to Gryffindor,

Where dwell the brave at heart,

Their daring, nerve and chivalry,

Set Gryffindors apart.

You might belong in Hufflepuff,

Where they are just and loyal,

Those patient Hufflepuffs are true,

And unafraid of toil.

They’ll do your homework for you, if you use enough peer pressure.

Or yet, in wise old Ravenclaw,

If you've a ready mind,

Where those of wit and learning,

Will always find their kind.

Or perhaps in Slytherin,

You'll make your real friends,

Those cunning folks use any means,

To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!

Motherfucker, you just implied that an entire house would kill you for better grades.

And don't get in a flap!

You are in safe hands (though I have none)

For I'm a thinking cap!'

The whole Hall burst into cheers as the hat finished its song. It bowed to each of the four tables and then became still again. Prof. McGonagall then stepped forward holding a long roll of parchment.

"When I call your name, you will step forward, put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted," she said and then started calling out names in the alphabetical order.

Every time someone got sorted, the table of the chosen house would erupt in cheers.

“Fresh meat! Fresh meat!”

During his wait for his own name to be called, Harry started taking a mental picture of each student as they sat on the stool and were sorted into their house. He decided that building a mental profile for each of them would be of benefit when dealing with them after all knowledge was power and all great wizards or witches were geniuses in their own rights and experts in their fields of magic.

Behavior like this is the reason we have restraining orders, author.

Harry noted that while Lavender and Parvati went to Gryffindor, Padma was sorted to Ravenclaw just as his assumption and Observe info hinted at. Then his name called;

"Harry Potter"

Suddenly there was absolute silence as everyone tried to get a good look at the Boy-Who-Lived. Harry started walking towards the stool, his back straight, shoulders back, emotionless mask on his face, at a firm pace, that showed neither eagerness nor reluctance. He could hear the rising whisperings from the student body;

I hope it’s about how he’s acting like a fucking robot.

"He's tall."

"No, he's shorter than in books."

"Looks like he has some muscles."

"He's hot."

And twelve, please shut up.

Harry stopped listening to the whispers at that comment, seriously it was getting a bit frustrating and embarrassing for him. Sitting on the stool, his vision of the Hall and its occupants was covered and blacked out by the hem of the hat. And from the darkness a loud yell echoed through his head;

"What the fuck?"

What is this, My Immortal?

(AN

To Blaze1992 the story will contain other elements than HP lore, though what order, what all they are is still up in the air.

I would like suggestions on the part played by Satellizer and Levi ( As I am not completely sure with them). The new characters will have the same info, all I need is suggestion for characters that are not in HP lore. So put them in review please.

In other words, you’ve included new characters that you have no idea what to do with. Amazing.

And for those who thinks the Karma points for the solicitor and Hagrid are high; first the solicitor helps the half-bloods and muggleborns so she gets it through there, Hagrid seriously does anyone needs an explanation? The guy who helps all the animals? What I gave him could only be lower than it should be.

I have no idea what a high amount of Karma is, nor do I know how it’s accumulated yet, you numbskull. I’m just happy that Harry’s lower Karma score reflects my expectations of him.

Next chapter - Hogwarts houses, classes and friends)

------------------------

Finally the story has reached the location where the plot is supposed to be. However, with Harry having consumed all the knowledge he could ever need, I’m not looking forward to a year’s worth scholastic whining, inconvenience removals, and pre-hoc rationalization of indulging in friendship behavior.